16 - soft giggles

"hey, y/n? are you busy this weekend?" nezuko asked, taking another bite of her bread. the two of you were sat in the kamado bakery, enjoying sweets and bread that tanjiro had been preparing behind the counter.

"no, i'm not. why?"

"i want to go shopping for holiday gifts! will you pleeaaassseee go to the mall with me? i'll bring kanao and aoi too!"

you pondered for a second, taking another bite of the baked good you were eating. it's been a while since you hung out with the girls, so you were excited. "it's not even december yet, nezuko," she frowned at your response. at seeing her frown, you continued, "but of course i'll go!"

she smiled happily, jumping up and down with the bread in her mouth, "yay! shopping time~"

tanjiro looked at the two of you from the counter, thinking to himself upon hearing your plans this weekend, 'a mall hang out this weekend! that sounds so exciting!'

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"nezuko... i thought this was just going to be a girls hangout..."

"ah well... tanjiro told me that he'd be going with us... and he didn't tell me that he invited everyone else..." the girl looked at you sympathetically.

you looked at tanjiro, zenitsu, and inosuke before turning your gaze to muichiro. you slightly scowled at him as he stared at you blankly. as the two of you locked eyes, memories of a few weeks ago, halloween day, came rushing back to your heads. heat instantly rushed to your faces, muichiro opting to hide his red ears with his hair.

the two of you haven't spoken normally ever since that incident in the infirmary. the boy still doesn't know that you were in the room during his and zenitsu's conversation.

by the time that the two of you looked up, inosuke and aoi had gone to the food court, and kanao and tanjiro had been following behind them. nezuko frowned, "there goes two of our girls..." nezuko took your hand in hers, leading the way to a bunch of stores. she ran fairly quickly, leaving zenitsu and muichiro behind.

"c'mon y/n, let's have fun! so here, i have this list of gifts i want to get for the other girls... i also want to get something for ms. kanroji from the aozora diner!"

the two of you walked into a clothing store, nezuko dragging you to the wall of sunglasses as the two of you tried on different sunglasses in front of the mirror.

"look how cute they look when they laugh together! oh nezuko is too adorable!" zenitsu whispered to muichiro. the two of them were outside of the store that you and nezuko were in, their eyes sneakily peeking through the window at you and nezuko trying on sunglasses.

"oh! y/n these ones look so good on you! you have to get them!" nezuko stared at you in awe when you tried on a particular pair of glasses. you pulled the glasses of your face, putting them back where you found them, "we're here to shop for other people, nezuko," you reminded her. she sighed at the realization, "yea, but that doesn't mean that you don't get to buy things for yourself!"

you continued on explaining how you wanted to save your money to buy gifts for everyone, and led nezuko away from the sunglasses and onto another section of the store.

despite what you told nezuko, she still ended up buying a few clothing pieces for herself. you decided to buy some cute accessories for naho, kiyo, and sumi. "come on! it's the last one and it's your size!" nezuko again tried to convince you to buy a blouse that she thought looked beautiful on you, but you again had to remind her  that you were on a budget.

the two of you walked out of the store, oblivious to the two boys who were hiding outside of the store behind a pillar the whole time. zenitsu stared at your backs as the two of you looked around for another store, "muichiro, onward! let's see where they'll go nex- muichiro?"

zenitsu looked behind him just to see that muichiro was no longer standing beside him. his gaze went to the store that the two of you just came out of, and he caught sight of muichiro picking up the sunglasses that you had refused to buy. zenitsu followed muichiro into the store.

muichiro moved to the cashier, placing the sunglasses on the counter and then pointing his finger at the blouse that nezuko tried to convince you to get, "i would like to buy this as well."

"thank you for shopping with us!" muichiro quickly grabbed the bag from the cashier and followed zenitsu, who had rushed out of the store already to look for where the two of you went. somehow, his keen ears heard the "soft giggles of two pretty girls" coming from the inside of a bookstore, or so he claimed.

muichiro was pleasantly surprised to see that zenitsu was right, and his eyes caught sight of you and nezuko standing in the manga section. you picked up a volume from a particular series, your eyes widening slightly, "i didn't know there was a new volume out!" nezuko smirked at your excitement, "then you should buy it," she stated.

you put the book back down, "i can buy it next time. come on, there's this book that kanao told me about and i want to buy it for her. i hope they have it here."

as you and nezuko made your way to another section, muichiro discreetly went to the manga section that the two of you were just at and grabbed the volume of the manga you put down. "hurry! they're leaving!" zenitsu whispered as muichiro calmly paid at the counter yet again.

zenitsu pulled muichiro along with him, just to see that you and nezuko were now making your way to the food court. zenitsu quickly ran up to the two of you as you got in line for food.

"nezuko! y/n! nice that we ran into you two here~"

nezuko flashed zenitsu a smile, "hi zenitsu!" her gaze went to muichiro, who was holding a shopping bag, "oh? what did you buy muichiro?"

a/n
zenitsu and muichiro stalker moment lol