𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

Noa

"So we have another mission to do." I heard André say from the other side of the room. I heard another ping from his phone and I sigh. Great on the day where I felt like I was getting sick we got something else do.

Great, just great!

I dragged my feet to the living room and plopped down on the couch next to Adrianna and looked at André.

"So what do we have to do?" I asked him, my voice hoarse, my nose feels stuffy and my throat scratchy.

"Are you sick?" Adrianna asked me and touched my forehead. I flinch at her touch, her hand are so damn cold.

"You have a very high fever." She said and removed her hand from my forehead. "I'm fine." I waved her off but she didn't looked convinced.

"Daniel is meeting one of the other Mafia gangs to do a trade. What we have to do is get photo evidence of them doing the trade so we could use them in court when the time comes." Andrè explained and I nodded, listening carefully about what his saying.

"But why are we using the photos for the court since our mission is to kill him at the end of the day?" I asked him, completely confused.

"I'm going to kill him when he is about to exit the court, on his way to prison. Did you forget that I'm assassin, Noa?" He asked me with a raised brow and I shook my head at him.

"No." Adrianna chuckled lightly and I ignored her.

"Noa is obviously in her own world right now." She said amusingly, but I don't find anything amusing at this moment, I'm tired, my head is pounding and all I want to do is sleep.

"When is this trade happening?" I asked as I rubbed my forehead, the headache getting worse by the second.

"At midnight tomorrow." I sighed and nod at him, feeling relieved that it isn't happening tonight, since I feel my eyes are getting heavier by the second.

"Good, I'm going to bed now."

• • •

I sigh frustratedly as someone knocks repeatedly on my hotel door. I groan as I sit up on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and stood up from the bed and walked to the door.

When I opened the door I came face to face with the person I don't want to see right now. "What do you want." I asked Adrianna annoyed. She scoffed and pushed passed me and walked into my hotel room.

Sure, invite yourself in. I thought sarcastically.

I closed the door and climbed back under the covers. "I forgot how easily you can get sick." I heard her say. I groan under the covers as she tried to take them off of me.

"No!" I whine, tugging the covers back over me. "Noa, I brought you medicine and food, so come on." I ignored her and the next thing I felt was a hard slap on the back, making me jump from the pain.

"What the fuck!" I glare at her, she rolled her eyes and dangled the brown paper bag in front of my face.

"Eat." She ordered and I snatched the bag from her hands and at the end listened to her since I know she won't leave me alone if I don't.

"You can go now." I waved her off and she scoffed. "I'm not going anywhere until I see that you have eaten." She said sternly making me clench my jaw.

I opened the bag and opened the plastic container with a toasted sandwich in it.

I grabbed a slice and took a small bite and began to eat. After I ate the sandwich I threw the trash away and walked back to the bed.

"You can go now." She shook her head and I frowned at the behaviour.

"You're going to take your medicine now." I rolled my eyes at her commanding voice. Once I drank my medicine I gave her a look to get out and she snorts.

"A thank you would be nice." She said with a fake smile and I sigh.

"Thank you, Adrianna." I said sincerely and I watch as her expression changed to something I couldn't make out.

"Of course." She said softly, running her hand through her blonde hair.

"I'll go now." She stood up from the bed, but I grabbed her wrist, stopping her. She turned around and gave me a questioning look.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and I knew that she knows what I'm talking about. I watch as she swallowed and nod.

"It's in the past, Noa, I forgave you a long time ago." She said softly, her voice cracking and my heart clenched as I stare at her sadden face.

I stood up from the bed and brought her into a hug, which she immediately gave into. I hold her tightly against me and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Can we maybe start over." I whispered and I felt her tense in my arms, but relaxed after.

I felt her nod against my head and I smiled softly as she agreed.

She pulled away from my embrace and wiped her cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow morning." With that she left as fast as she could and I sigh.

She's clearly not over it yet but we're getting there. I hope.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R