82

"A traumatic experience robs you of your identity, you will find a new one", Klaus pecks my lips. "How?" My voice wobbles. "You are already on your way and I will help you go to the end", he pecks my lips once again. "You promise?" I look up at him with my shiny, wet eyes. "Always and forever", my heart nearly jumps out of my chest when he says that certain phrase. "That's your family's phrase...why are you saying it to me?" "Because I pledge to make you feel alive."

I cry into my hands. "My love..." Klaus mutters. I look up at him after a few seconds and I grab him by his shirt, pulling him towards me, slamming my lips against his. He jolts from not expecting it. He moans into my mouth. He presses himself against me, my back pressing into the mirror behind me. "Hayden, I-" Klaus is interrupted from what he was about to say when someone walks into the room.

We look and it is Damon. When he sees us and the position that we are in, he groans. "In the toilets, seriously?" I roll my eyes at him, "Yes. Do you have a problem with it?" "No one wants to see you two all lovey dovey, it's disgusting." My jaw clenches, "And why is that? You homophobic?" Damon frowns, "Never. You being lovey dovey with Klaus of all people is disgusting." I shake my head, "I was just joking, moron. I know you're obsessed with me...doesn't that just give you some deja vu." Damon laughs sarcastically, "Me, obsessed with you? That's funny." I shake my head with a smirk, "I know that I was drunk but I can clearly remember you wanting to kiss me at the Founder's party." Damon is surprised I remember that. "Does me making out with Klaus make you jealous or does it turn you on?" He snickers, "Neither of those two things and if you think it does, then you're more crazy than I thought." My eyes light up and I place my hands over my heart, "Thank you for the compliment!" Damon does not like the way that I am acting, "Why are you suddenly acting like this?" "I'm just being myself, what's wrong with that?" "This isn't you. Wasn't then and isn't now." I jump off the counter and I walk over to Damon. "I know you're jealous and it's okay. Maybe you should go to therapy to fix it. It wasn't the right thing for me but it may be so for you...I recommend Stacey, she's the perfect therapist." I pat his shoulder and leave the room. I can sense him snarling at me.

I hear Klaus behind me. He walks next to me now. "That was so hot", he smirks. I grin, "I like to annoy others, seems to be a new habit of mine." "You must have learnt from the master", Klaus refers to himself. I chuckle, "I guess so."

Now that it's just the two of us, I do wonder what Klaus was going to say before Damon interrupted us. He does seem a little bit awkward right now which I find odd and I hate it but I know to not put my nose in a place where it does not belong.

We walk over to the table where my grandparents are still sitting at. We go back to our seats. "That didn't take long", my Grandad smirks at Klaus. I try not to laugh, Klaus glares at me. "Damon interrupted us...And Klaus has a lot of stamina, time is never cut short." My grandparents eyes widen. "Well...we're glad", my Nan comments.

"We should probably let you two get on with day but we have to do this again", my Grandad changes the subject. We both agree. "Definitely", I respond. The four of us stand up. "It was a pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Flemming", Klaus shakes hands with them. "It was very nice to meet you too Klaus", my Grandad says back. "Please treat our grandson right...he deserves it, he needs it", my Nan adds. I smile. "Always", Klaus responds. We say our goodbyes and they leave the Grill.

"Your grandparents are a very lovely couple", Klaus says. I nod my head, "They are."

"We have somewhere to be", Klaus changes the topic. I raise my eyebrows, "Where?" He explains. "Time to annoy Damon even more", Klaus chuckles. We hold hands, fingers linked together and we leave the Grill to head to the Salvatore Boarding House.

AT THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

We walk into the house and see Damon pouring himself a drink. He hears us and turns around to face us.