special party | MV1 & CL16

fictional summer break - Monaco

It was crazy that he was here, Max thought as he walked through the big garden of Gabriel's property. One of his friends had told him about this 'party' and the circle who would be here today.

The Dutchman had thought long about it, way too long, before he finally decided to go, as it was also the third time Lucas, one of his Dutch friends from Monaco, had asked him to come. He was going to this kind of parties on a regular basis with his boyfriend.

Lucas was also one of Max's closer friends and one of the only ones who knew that Max wasn't straight. If he would be than Lucas would have never asked him to join them, as this party was reserved for queer people only.

It wasn't for so long now that Max knew that himself, that he was gay and also completely clear with it himself. At first he had always thought that checking out other driver's asses was pretty normal.

Only when he had opened up to Lucas, who was openly gay, he realized that feeling this kind of things for another men or a male friend wasn't normal at all. But Max never wanted to out himself to the public, as it would only cause too much attention and the press should just focus on his driving as the Dutch had never been a big fan of all the created drama.

Also Lucas's suggestion to talk to the men Max had in mind, wasn't something possible. The RedBull driver had never told his friend a name or anything, just that he was confused about his feelings for that friend as they always made fun of each other and joked around, but different than with other people, other male friends.

But surely Max was interpreting too much into it and just confused about his new identity so this party would maybe sort his mind and at the next race all these conflicted feelings were gone. Not his feelings for men in general, Max was fine with that, but feelings for this specific man, this other driver.

"Hey mate, you really made it." Lucas welcomed Max with a tight hug as he walked over.

"He said you would back out again." Rene, his boyfriend, laughed before he also greeted Max with a hug.

"Not this time." Max returned, grinning at them before he joked, "But with that confidential agreement I had to fill out I thought I was at some sort of police station."

"You don't want pictures of you here at this party in the media, do you?" Lucas nudged him and Max only nodded his head.

This agreement and the safety that no pictures or names from today would find its way to the public was one reason Max decided to come today. He simply wanted to test the feeling and experience and if it wasn't to his liking he could easily go home like he had never been here.

"It looks great." the Dutch than said as he looked over the place, a big pool on the right, in the middle some sort of dance floor and a bar with drinks and food on the left.

"Told you this is fun, Gabriel is really the best host, you should say hi." Lucas returned, looking for the Monegasque millionaire, who was big part in the queer scene here and all around the globe.

"I will." Max simply answered, still stunned by the place and the people.

They all were colorful shirts and shorts as the sun was out on this sunny summer day. Some of them were holding hands, some were even kissing while many others were just talking in small groups.