Chapter 3

{ AFTER NOON } 

After six days, the new hostile force attacked the mining base and refinery facilities. After some research,video feeds, I have confirmed it was one of the Tyranid members from Warhammer 40K. I didn't remember which type, but it has something to do with a commanding type of something. Realising upon my discovery, I'm beginning to put in more personnel and build more defensive structures and war equipment to protect these strategic assets. Of course, I didn't forget to build more sensor towers along the way so I could detect the threat earlier and plan ahead of time.

After a new batch of marines and troopers, with a couple of vultures, APCs, and helions, I begin to order them to search for more resources, surver even further, and build more outposts and defensive perimeters to expand my territory and create a bigger buffer zone. The mining excavator progress has significantly increased, and my resource stock has reached new heights. At least the output it produces is close to 1500 minerals and 1150 vespenes per hour.

For the past 2 weeks, I've relied too much on infantry with a couple of APC as fire support. Thus, the casualties on my side are higher than anticipated. I thought I could handle a threat and ignore the possibility of this fucked-up world. The hidden subquest has now been completed, along with newfound knowledge. I finally received one of the ''must have'' units for any Terran player to date. The siege tank.

I don't know why it's not Crusio. Its weaker as Arclite, armed with smaller calibre and thin armour, but I think those beasts from the 1st great war are still good in my eyes. With newly found firepower, I quickly swap vehicle production with the tank and begin to put them in strategic place by using them in 'SIEGE' mode, A.K.A. artillery-style cannon, most of the time. Coupled with mobility to change between modes, I can essentially use them for defense and attackers, with a range of 25~35 km depending on the type of munition and possibility with future refit and upgrade.

This is the force to reckon with. There is no need to research ''Siege mode'' as the system kind of skips that part. Each unit cost 250 minerals and 125 vespene gas. So assume the Crusio model would be more expensive as a trade-off for better performance.Also I didn't forget about another variant called "Cannon Tower". Stationary and weaker version or siege tank in general designs but cheaper and easier to maintain. Plus it could be operate automatically or  control by single operator. AI could remotely control it from far distance but for now I prefer manually. It was treated as another type of defensive structure instead of military unit.

 It was treated as another type of defensive structure instead of military unit

Arclite Tank mode