| 15 |

...

Despite your efforts not to do it again, you did it again; you saw the small woman in your hand for the eleventh time.

You didn't want to let her go, at least not yet; you feared that by putting her on the ground she would run away. Her right leg was the first to grow, not far behind her left leg followed. Her arms had not grown yet; you grimaced with guilt; you weren't really careful when you tore her from her titanic body.

Her hair was beautiful, you thought as you looked at her more closely. Her hair - now disheveled - was a color similar to gold. Some strands had come out of her ruined bun, sticking to her forehead; some rebellious strands obstructed her eyes. You resist the temptation to move those strands away from her face so as not to scare the girl in your hand.

Your huge eyes briefly stopped at her clothes; they were torn and some parts were stained with dried blood and mud. 'Well, that's a problem,' you thought, stepping away from Annie.
The cold of the night was not a problem for you, but surely it would be for her... although you could keep her close to your chest to protect her from the cold. It wouldn't be a problem for you, although you don't think Annie would appreciate the gesture much.

Of course, if her expression tells you something, that is.

You hummed, releasing your suppressed voice, earning a surprised look from the girl, although at the moment you didn't care about what happened right now. You were tired, stressed, and if you weren't in this titanic body, you're sure you'd be hungry and sleepy, and most likely have an ugly headache.

You glanced at the sky; it was late. It was probably six or seven in the evening, the orange of the sunset was already fading, leaving behind some warm colors that reminded you of autumn leaves. You sighed at the beautiful sight of the sky at this moment, discreetly returning your gaze to Annie, and, to your surprise - not so surprising, now that you think about it - she was looking at you.

Feeling playful, you turned your head slightly towards her and, to your amusement, she let out a soft squeak before turning her head in the opposite direction. Her reaction seemed to you... fascinating? strange? You really didn't know how to describe it; it definitely made you wonder if this was really the character you had seen on the screen before all this happened.

Well, now she's a real person, not a character.

You leaned back against the tree behind your back. 'What is Annie thinking now?' you wondered as you looked at her.

...

Of all the things that could have happened to her, this was one of the worst and one of the strangest.

'Can Zeke control her?', she wondered to herself. Since the man can control titans, and the being-thing who was gently holding her was one. Perhaps he could take the titan to Marley as a gift and make her father proud.

Now that she was observing her, she wondered if it would follow her. Well, she could guide it transformed in her titan form towards where Reiner and Bertholt are and subdue her among the three.

Oh... well, they could try. Since her abilities -although it's hard for her to admit it because of her pride- are far superior to hers and Reiner's combined. Perhaps Bertholt's titan has a chance, but knowing the boy, he would be easily overpowered. Annie grimaced at the thought of her companion, 'pathetic'.

If she didn't know what the older Galliard brother did, she would still wonder what Marley was thinking when they gave the colossal titan to Bertholt. Porco would have been a better choice; the boy liked to surpass his abilities and be the best at everything. Perhaps Marley didn't want to risk giving their best weapon to the most tenacious boy among the candidates and simply used what Marcel said as a pathetic excuse.

Well, that didn't matter anymore, at least not now.

She needed to think about what to do, but before she could properly formulate an escape plan, a soft rumble from her stomach paralyzed her with surprise. A slight blush briefly appeared on her pale cheeks.

The titan tilted its head to one side, did it look curious or surprised? Perhaps the titan, like her, simply didn't expect that sound. Well, it's no wonder, it's a titan; of course, it doesn't know about these things.

Although a thought took her away from reality. And if it's a person transformed into a titan? Although she should have already left her titan -it's even a she?-, or perhaps it's someone like Pieck, who can remain transformed into a titan for several months.

And if so, Annie wondered one thing that made her shudder: What is that titan thinking now?

What it's thinking to do to her?

...

guyyyys tomorrow the good part of the story begins :>

(se vienen cositas) interesting things are coming!!

oH-! btw, now i have AO3 if you want to follow me and support me with a follow and kudos, haha

here's the link of my humble account:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/happy_sugar_coffe