XXII

Takemichi's POV

2017

There we were, me and Naoto, standing in front of the one and only Shiba Taiju who, long ago, right after Toman's victory the night of Christmas Eve, decided to leave the gang life for good and focus on himself, his business and.. personal life? I don't know. Why would be something a man could quit being a deliquent for? Physical well-being?

Oh what am I thinking..

"Ha!" I heard Taiju's loud and.. disturbing laugh, just as I remember. Well, that's something 12 years couldn't change. Me, him and Naoto were supposed to be discussing and getting information about the people that interested us, people that have something to do with Toman, Hina, or anyone else, but honestly, I felt so deep in my thoughts I don't even realize the topic at the moment. "I've loved her. Decided to be hers. And eventually did become hers, I had- have her", he corrected, "all to myself, knowing that her mouth uttered one name yet her heart uttered another."

What the hell is he ranting about !? Taiju has a girl?! And why is he with her when she doesn't like him !

.

.

.

.

.

Pre-Timeskip, 2005
Y/n's POV

"The Hanmas. Really." I mouthed, hoping my expression and tone could show how pathetic I thought that nickname is. The guy beside me chuckled, his golden orbs shining in the pale moonlight. Beside him stood Kisaki, the guy who I planned to take revenge on.

Why am I with them then, you might ask.

I could say that the answer is simple, yet in reality it's anything but that, but I'll try to explain in the simplest and quickest way possible. After Takemichi told us about the time-leaping he is capable of, me, him, and Chifuyu have been trying to make a better future for all of us. Specifically, we try to solve a family case at the moment. Taiju Shiba - yes, the guy Emma told me beat Takemichi to shit- ended up to be a complete fucking jerk who abuses his younger siblings, to the point one of them ended up killing him to survive. We plan on meeting him tomorrow, on the night of Christmas Eve, the only night he will alone and available for us to "talk to him", since he goes to church to pray. Who would have thought an asshole just like him would be super religious? Aren't religious people supposed to be nice?

Whatever, that's not the point right now.

The plan is, to go to Taiju, win against him, and free his siblings from his abuse. (And of course, prevent them from taking his life. But we don't share that with the outside world..)

Also, guess who decided to help us. Right! Fucking Hanma Shuji and Kisaki Tetta who, by the way, I have been avoiding like crazy. Since Takemichi told me how bad me-being-his-wide ended up, I plan on taking my revenge another way.

"Then you try thinking of a better group name, little miss perfect~ Oh and, by the way, The Hanmas, sounds pretty fucking amazing" Shuji mouthed.

"You, be nicer to my sister or we'll reconsider teaming up with you and your friend!"

"Not the point!" said the latter while holding onto the collar of his jacket. "The point is, where the heck is Takemichy? It's so cold! It's freaking snowing, too!"

"He said something came up." said my brother, turning his emerald-green eyes to the tallest male.

"You sure he's okay? Our plan's supposed to happen tomorrow" I heard the voice of my sweet little future husband, whom I had just started forgetting was with us and I felt happier than ever. Seems like happiness doesn't last long really. "Why don't we get dinner first?" was Fuyu's reply, and when the two males nodded, we headed to the first restaurant we saw. We all sat down, me and Chifuyu on the one side of the table while the rest on the other, Kisaki eyeing me head to toe as he was exactly in front of me, giving him a good view of me. He didn;t even try to make it less obvious, did he think of it as a way of flirting? Disgusting. The waiter soon came to pick our orders, yet I didn't get anything. Just looking at Kisaki makes me want to lose my appetite, the last thing I'd want to do right now is eat. Not even 15 minutes later, the waiter came back with the orders, and there was also Takemichi, thank God, the awkward silence will soon be broken! "Sorry I'm late"