Escape?

Sorry, posting after a long time. I have been writting 3 stories at the same time and finally finished this one.

Anyway.... Enjoy!!!

New nodded, and Tay showed him the exit. As they walked through the crowd, a loud gunshot rang out.

Everyone screamed and lay on the ground as an old man, standing on a table, yelled, "Everyone down! Now!"

Tay instinctively pulled New behind a nearby pillar, shielding him from the chaos erupting in the crowded room. His heart raced as he scanned the area for any signs of danger.

"What's happening?" New whispered, fear evident in his voice.

Tay remained silent, listening intently to the commotion around them. He spotted movement near the entrance and saw a group of armed men storming into the room, their faces masked and determined.

Noticing that New was hyperventilating and shaking, Tay hugged him. "Shhh, calm down. I won't let anyone hurt you," he whispered into New's ear, sending tingles throughout his body and helping to steady his breathing.

New's heart pounded loudly, not from fear of the gunman, but from how close he was to Tay. He could hear Tay's heartbeat syncing with his own, smell the expensive cologne mixed with a hint of a woman's perfume on Tay's suit.

"We need to find a way out," Tay whispered, his voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Together, they slipped through a side door into a dimly lit hallway. Without hesitation, Tay led the way, his senses on high alert as they navigated the unfamiliar corridors.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching from around the corner. Tay pulled New into a nearby alcove, pressing a finger to his lips to silence him.

They held their breath as the footsteps drew nearer, praying they wouldn't be discovered.

After what felt like an eternity, the footsteps faded away, leaving them alone once more.

With a silent nod, Tay motioned for New to follow him as they continued their desperate bid for escape.

They arrived at Tay's car.

New, still in shock and embarrassed, didn't know what to say. They stayed silent the whole ride, the atmosphere heavy with unspoken words. Finally, Tay broke the silence.

"Are you okay now?"

New turned to look at Tay, who was focused on the road. "Y-yes."

"Are you sure?" Tay asked again.

New stayed silent, then lightly jumped as Tay touched his hands, making them stop fidgeting. Tay interlocked his fingers with New's left hand.

They remained silent until they got home.

Both of them got out of the car. Tay moved closer to New, sending butterflies through his body as he gently grabbed New by the waist. It wasn't a sexual gesture but was full of concern.

New didn't know how to react and just followed the path to their house. He pulled away, heading to his room without looking back.

Empty. That's how New felt at that moment.