Upgrades, people, upgrades (111)

"The Soul of Ethania..." Kai mumbled to himself as he read the text. How the hell had he even gotten this? Where did it come from?

At this point, was he just going to find Ethania's corpse somewhere along his journey to add to his collection?

Well, that thought was a little dark, and Kai was mostly sure by now that wherever Ethania's corpse was, it was probably dust and bones at this point.

Still, there was no harm in reading the description.

Soul of Ethania (Epic)

Oh.

Well, it was already different when compared to her Will, this one actually had a rarity and not just a few question marks. Does that mean that the Will of Ethania was actually only an Epic item but just had question marks for no reason?

But why was it Epic though? That seemed like a kind of high rating just for a dead beings soul. Was Ethania secretly super strong or something when she was alive?

Probably not, considering she was unable to fend off the people from her own kingdom. Still, there had to be something about her for a God to visit her in her dreams and offer her a way out.

And as for what that special thing about her was, maybe Kai would find out after reading the description of the skill.

When the distraught princess was offered a way out, her body became hollow as her Will was stored away for the small chance that someone would find it. A body without a Will is incomplete, while a body without a soul is dead. In the final moments of her life, Princess Ethania's loyal knight Constance shielded her body from Eye of the Moon's attempt to curse her. Sir Constance became a tree that spread its influence far a wide, while Ethania became a delicate flower shielded by that very tree. This item had no known uses.

Well, that was a whole bunch of nothing.

Honestly, that was probably the longest description of an item Kai would ever have to read. And the worst part of it was, there was no useful information in it. One part of it just sounded like a riddle, only serving to confuse Kai rather than explain anything that had happened back then.

But something in the description did catch his eye, something that honestly made Kai kind of feel like an idiot.

Quickly, Kai summoned the Will of Ethania and compared the descriptions.

Will of Ethania (???)

An unknown God appeared to Princess Ethania in a dream one night, offering her a way out of her dilemna. Princess Ethania accepted the God's offer and the God took away all of the princess's memories, storing them in this bead. This bead has no known use.

Kai inwardly groaned at how much of an idiot he was. It wasn't that these items were useless, it's just that they had no known uses.

How could they, considering they were the only versions of these items in existence. A person only had one soul after all, and probably one one will, unless they were schizophrenic.

"Goddamn... I should probably pay more attention to any description I read. If I find out I missed something important... Wait... I should check the descriptions of everything I have."

That would be something for another time though, he still had over four days to himself in the white room, and he still had quite a lot of notifications to get through.

Actually, before he done that though, he may as well see what the Soul of Ethania looked like.

In his left hand, Kai summoned the Will of Ethania, the small silver bead glowing softly in his palm.