22. Taking care

Show some love by voting and commenting please💘

AYESHA

Why is it so hard to push him away?

Why do I even have to push him away?

Why can't I be like normal girls who date and have boyfriends and stuff?

Why do I have to be so fucked in the head?

"Please, Arjun." I whisper in an inaudible voice.

He cups my face with both his hands. His eyes not leaving mine for even a second.

"Please what, Ayesha?" He husks and I get this funny feeling down there.

Why does my name suddenly sound so good?

No words seem to come out of me. All my senses are consumed by him and his intoxicating scent.

He pulls me closer to his front with one hand snaked around my waist. His warm breath fans all over my face.

I am doomed.

He picks me up with one hand like I weigh nothing and makes me sit on his car's bonnet. All this happened so sudden that I am too left too dumb to react.

A gasp leaves my mouth.

"Finish your tea. It's getting cold." He says plainly without an ounce of expression and steps a little away.

What? How can he change from being literally on my face a second back to this nonchalant all of as sudden.

I don't reply and just do what I am told like a freaking child sitting on his car. I notice that his cup is empty already and soon I finish up mine too.

I move forward to get down from the car but he beats me to it by again snaking his arm around my bare waist sending shivers all around my body. He helps me get down from the car and assists me in standing back at my feet.

"Thank you." I mumble.

He just simply shrugs.

He goes over to the shop to return the cups and plate.

What do I do now? Should I say something? No I should just tell him to drop me home, right? It's better if we converse as less as possible because I know what happens whenever we are left alone. We either end up inside each others throat or are at each others throats throwing nasty words at each other.

Phew.

.......

The whole ride back to my apartment was drop dead silent. None of us spoke a word. It's for the better only. The less we talk, the less mess we create. I avoided looking at him throughout the drive and kept looking out of the window. I felt him glancing at my direction multiple times though. But I was too chicken to do the same. I don't know where we stand at the moment.

Are we friends?
Probably not. He looked pretty upset when I said that. He does not know how good of a friend I am. His loss huh!