Note

Starting off, obviously I don't own most of the characters in this book as they do belong to the Harry Potter universe lol. The timeline and certain key points might be altered a bit to fit the story so just a heads up.

One thing I heavily encourage is if you like something about the story, PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS. Comments truly mean a lot to me as they help me grow in my abilities and keep me motivated, I sincerely appreciate them and would love to reach out to as many as possible. Keep in mind this is my first fic so I am still learning and as this is solely for practice and exploring my own writing style, constructive criticism is heavily encouraged (in a respectful manner).

This series, though I dub as more practice, definitely does have heavy topics such as: suicide, unhealthy relationships, murder, slight explicit content, torture, prejudice, WW2 (slight background considering this does take place in the 1940s and is a big part of Tom's character), drugs and dealing with a lot of heavy grief, sexual assault, etc that I will state before a chapter begins. This is a safe space, if there are any trigger warnings I missed please let me know. But this is a reminder that just because it's included doesn't mean it's encouraged.

Moving on to Tom's character, I'm definitely exploring his personality a lot in this just because I feel like he is a complex character and deserves to be treated as such. He will not be the fluffy or super sexual character that is usually depicted but more on the edge of toxic and romance will definitely be altered for him as more of a play. I do not support the actions of the characters I write and it should by no means be romanticized. If you are or think you might be in an abusive relationship or even just relate to anything in this story feel free to express your feelings, nobody should suffer alone.

This fic is heavily inspired by:
- The Secret History
- Heathers (I want this fic to feel like one of those cult classics filled with teens who get themselves into the most morbid but satiric situations, if that is your cup of tea then be my guest)
- any Whimsigoth media (The Craft, Coraline, Practical Magic, Death Becomes Her, The Love Witch, etc.)
- Wuthering Heights
- The Great Gatsby
- The Virgin Suicides
- Jeff Buckley
- Fiona Apple

Also warnings: as much as this fic is meant to be humorous, it is ultimately a tragedy so be cautious of that; tom and the mc are both sort of unreliable narrators, so I advise paying attention since sometimes they will misinterpret things, make stuff up to defend their side or cut things out of the story all together, but the truth always comes out one way or another.

Anyways, have fun and enjoy pooks 💋