~A Little Black Dress~

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ *:・゚✧*:・゚⋆ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

I stood outside a shop, my arms weighed down by bags of all different sizes, and unfortunately, all just as heavy. I looked at JJ who had a similar grimace as I, her own arms home to almost as many bags as I had. Tapping my foot, I peered into the store, attempting to see the culprit of our displeasure. "Penelope! We're leaving now!" I hissed, watching as the shopaholic stumbled out of her true home, her bright coloured hair floating in the breeze.

"Do you think I need anything else? I know it's only a little gathering at Rossi's but-" Penelope asked worriedly, counting the pile of bags we all had. "Pen, 2 of these bags are mine and Ellie's, the rest are yours. I think you'll be fine, okay?" JJ muttered, attempting to drag Penelope away from the shops. "I vote we invest in some coffees, and then-" I suggested, stopping short as Penelope's bubbly voice sounded over mine. "And then we can go over to mine to get ready? Oh, Ellie, I'll have to show you my collection of Beanie Boos! I have a fox one, Barney, that looks an awful lot like you, and JJ, you look like my-" Garcia rattled on, skipping ahead of us and gesturing dramatically. 

JJ sent me a look, raising her eyebrows as Penelope bustled into the nearest coffee shop and started gushing over the bright pink straws and talking the ears off the poor cashier. "Do you think we should've bought a leash for her?" I chuckled, dumping the bags on a nearby table. "Maybe... Just so long as it was bright pink, she wouldn't care!" JJ snorted, slouching down on a chair next to me. 

I peered into one of Penelope's bags, frowning as I spotted 5 dresses, all in a different colour. What on earth did they pay her at the BAU? The blonde next to me pulled out a dress from one of the bags, frowning at the pattern and colour shades. "Since when is baby sick in fashion?" JJ joked, scrunching her nose. We watched amusingly as Penelope practically ran over with 3 coffees, stuttering as she attempted to defend herself as she caught our conversation.

"You know... It was just on sale, so it was basically free!" Garcia said, snatching the dress from JJ. "Although, now that you mention it... It does sort of look like vomit..." Penelope remarked, stuffing the dress into another one of her bags. "Thanks, Garcia" I said as she handed me and JJ our coffees, already moving the conversation on to some gossip regarding a few vaguely familiar faces at the BAU.                                                      

"So... Excited to see everyone at Rossi's later? It's been awhile since everyone has been together..." JJ trailed off, her and Penelope both staring at me pointedly. I fidgeted, confused as to what value my opinion had. I sipped my coffee, my face blank. "Uh, sure, I guess. It'll be nice to see everyone. Not to mention Rossi's pasta is incredible. Have you had it before?" I muttered, glancing at my watch on my wrist. Penelope frowned and looked at JJ, a look passing between them. "You've had Rossi's pasta before? Wait, how long have you known him for again?" Penelope questioned, slowly sipping her coffee.

"Since I was quite young. He, uh, was a good family friend, so..." I replied slowly, checking my watch again. "We should probably head off now, Penelope still needs to decide on which dress to wear!" I declared, abandoning my empty coffee cup on the table and scooping up the bags. "Yeah, good point." JJ spoke, following my lead with the rest of the bags, sending Garcia another look. "Let's go!" Penelope jumped, following us out onto the crowded street with her lifetime supply of clothing.

A few hours later we were all finally ready, our impeccably done hair and make-up paired with our sleek dresses made us look like a bunch of models for Chanel in the 90's. JJ wore a black floor length silk dress with gold jewellery, Penelope in a tight black dress with an array of interesting and brightly colored accessories, and I too chose a black dress with a pair of vintage Valentino heels.