Epilogue

3rd pov:

"And that concludes our story," Emily said with a smile, glancing down at her little ones as Cora cheered, "Again! Mama, again!"

Carlos chuckled and tousled Cora's hair gently, "No more stories, muffin. It's past your bedtime."

Elena looked up at her mother and asked, "What happened next, Mama?"

"Well, we went to college, and your Papa became a vet while I managed the kingdom," Emily explained, casting a fond glance at her husband.

"And then you got married?!" Cora squealed, tackling her father in excitement. Carlos laughed and tickled her as he brushed her hair back, "Yes, we did, and then we had you little monsters."

Emily chuckled as she looked down at her son, who was yawning. "Alright, my little Flowers, it's time for bed."

They tucked their children in, and Emily smiled, kissing their foreheads. "Goodnight, Flowers."

"Goodnight, Mama, Papa!" the children chorused.

As they headed to their bedroom, Carlos swept his wife up in his arms, laying her gently on the bed before wrapping his arms around her waist. A small smile played on his lips as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.

Surprised, Emily turned to him, returning his smile as she planted a kiss on his nose.

"I love you, my sweet," Carlos whispered softly, his voice sincere and gentle, his eyes twinkling with affection.

Emily shifted to be eye level with him, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck, peppering his face with light kisses.

"And I love you," she replied, kissing his lips quickly before continuing, "my angel boy."

The endearing nickname caused him to blush slightly, his confident demeanor melting away for a moment. She kissed his flushed cheeks before snuggling back into his embrace.

Their cozy intimacy filled the room with warmth as they settled into each other's embrace. Carlos held Emily close, savoring the feeling of her against him, feeling utterly content in her presence. Emily rested her head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.  The royal family was fast asleep. 

•─────────‧˚꒰🐾꒱༘⋆────────•

"'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

But darling, just kiss me slow

Your heart is all I own

And in your eyes, you're holding mine"

•─────────‧˚꒰🐾꒱༘⋆────────•

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔫𝔡