Chapter 3- I find out who I am

"What are you not telling me?" My voice was rising.

"Stella... We don't know what you mean? Did you hit your head? Are you on drugs?" My mom questioned. She looked as if she were just as confused as I was.

"Who am I?!" I yelled, "You know you can't hide this from me forever, I'll eventually just piece it all together!"

"That rhymed." My dad added.

"You guys. I'm serious."

"Stella..." My mother began, "It's high time we told you indeed, but we are not your parents. We are your keepers, hired by Apollo. Our purpose is to keep you safe and under their radar."

"Whose radar?" I asked curiously.

"The gods'." She answered, "But I'm afraid you are just too powerful to be kept in hiding your whole life. It is time you go to camp. Although I'm afraid things are stirring at camp too. Memories of hatred and war that were never supposed to surface again. You will have to learn quickly or learn the hard way. A ride has already come for you." She glanced out the window.

I stood there stunned. She must be joking, my mother does not have much of an imagination. Even when my sisters and I saw road kill on the side of the highway we would pretend they were sleeping, until my mother had to but in and tell us gruesome stories of animals hit by cars, all were true.

"Go. You must hurry. Apollo had taken a dangerous risk coming to visit you. If you do not leave now you will be hounded." My mother's stern expression sent a chill through me.

"Hounded by who?" I managed to squeak.

My mother looked grim,"More like what, and you do not want to know."

I turned and ran upstairs, packing a bag and changing into jeans, a tye-dye bro-tank and my dad's- or whoever the man I thought my dad was my whole life's old camo hunting jacket that was many sizes too big. I couldn't help looking back at the people who I'd thought were my parents my whole life, I was leaving so much behind, but taking so much in. I hopped on the back of the black pegasus and rode off into the sunset that I never knew could hold so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, I know, but it was a good end to a boring chapter I guess. Anyway, since I know nobody's reading this I shouldn't even write an authors note but I am anyway because I want to. Enjoy the chapter Nobody!(; see what I did there?:D Okay well read, comment, vote my imaginary buddies(: I'll update soon!

~madd