Chapter 5- The truth cannot hide forever

Sorry for taking so long! I've been sick and have had a lot of makeup work so it's been hard to get time to write but I got it up and weekend is coming so I'll be able to update soon! Enjoy the chapte!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of week passed by quickly, and soon enough I began to feel like another normal camper. Chiron gave me archery training although I was already better than everyone else, and I also got sword fighting lessons, which I turned out to be pretty good at also. I made lots of friends at camp too, and I began to fit in for once. Of course, with my luck, my ordinary week had to be ruined.

My morning had gone smooth enough, archery practice and arts and crafts went by quickly, sword practice was next. I was walking through the strawberry fields with Katie, talking to her while she tended to the plants, when Drew sling an arm over my shoulder and started talking to me about boys and makeup. "I don't believe we've really gotten to introduce ourselves, I'm Drew, head counselor of the Aphrodite cabin."

Next to her, a short blonde girl with braces spoke up, "Only while Piper is gone." Drew sent her a dangerous glare.

"I'm Stella, nice to meet you," I said to both of the girls.

Drew smiled, "So don't you think it's weird that your parent hasn't claimed you yet? I would be so embarrassed! Maybe you're a daughter of Aphrodite, I mean you're pretty enough to be one and Connor seems to like you."

I exchanged an annoyed glance with Katie who was standing by listening. "Um, thanks I guess, but I don't really think-"

"It's okay, don't worry about it, being unclaimed isn't all that bad, I mean, at least you know someone hates you. Don't want to be getting too conceited now do we?" Drew have me a sympathetic look.

"I don't think I'm the one getting too conceited..." I said sweetly, watching Katie stifle a laugh.

Drew smirked, "They're right, you are an Athena geek, she's probably just too embarrassed to claim you. Oh and do something for me will you? Don't get too wise hun," Drew said sourly, patting me on the cheek as she walked off, trailed by the short blonde girl.

Katie huffed, making a few strawberries explode while Drew passed, leaving her screaming and covered in the strawberry remains. "I hate her, she is so stuck up," Katie grumbled. I sighed and nodded.

After lunch, I had almost an hour before Ancient Greek with Malcom, so I wandered down to the stables with a few extra apples from lunch. It was empty when I got there, except for the pegasuses whinnying in their stalls. I fed a few of them apples, including Guido, who would not stop whining about the fact that they weren't sugar cubes. Blackjack's stall was empty, which didn't surprise me, he didn't seem to like being restrained. After a few minutes though, I foun myself heading down to the beach.

I sat there, my feet in the surf, when noticed him standing there, glaring down at me. A man with salt and pepper hair in a mail man suit. He had a cacaedus in his hand, which I immediately knew was Hermes. "You," He said like he couldn't believe it.

"Me, what about me?" I asked, trying to look away from his wild eyes.

"You, are supposed to be mortal," He replied, looking angrier and angrier by the second. "Apollo," Hermes growled, cursing at the sun.

"Wait, hold on, what do you mean I'm supposed to be mortal?" I was getting a little freaked out now, Hermes looked like blasting something, and I felt like it should be me.

"Dad?" A voice called from across the beach. Connor was walking over, "What's going on?"

Hermes clenched and unclenched his jaw, "Connor my dear boy, I was just having a chat with this completely harmless demigod, good day to both of you." Hermes then vanished with a blinding flash of light.