Chapter 2

As you sat down at your desk, you were taken aback when you realized you would be sharing it with Katsuki Bakugo, you being his new investigating assistant. He did not appear pleased about this new arrangement. You could have sworn you even caught him growling under his breath.

"Don't touch any of my things, dumbass," he barked at you, making it clear that he did not intend to be cordial.

You were shocked by his rough manner, but you refused to let him get the better of you. You stared him squarely in the eyes and said, "If you're going to act like this, we're not going to get anything done. We're supposed to be working together, not at each other's throats."

Bakugo did not take kindly to your lecture, his expression darkening as you spoke. He let out a scoff and turned his back on you, walking off without a word. You weren't sure if he was just too stunned to respond or simply didn't care what you thought.

As you watched Katsuki Bakugo make his way out of sight, another man, with spikey red hair and red eyes, approached you. He extended his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Ejirou Kirishima," he said, "and you are?"

"Kieko Saito," you replied, "a pleasure to meet you."

Kirishima seemed amiable and friendly, in stark contrast to the rude persona put on by Bakugo.

"So you're Bakugo's assistant," he commented. "He can be quite rude sometimes. Don't let it bother you. He just doesn't know how to act around others."

Kirishima's kind and reassuring tone soothed your worried mind, making you believe everything would be okay.

"Just don't take anything he says personally," Kirishima added. "He's got some issues. He's had a tough life, and he just doesn't know how to express himself. But don't worry, once he gets to know you better, he'll open up."

Another man entered the room, this one with short, curly green hair and green eyes. He waved at you as he sat down at his desk, facing you, a coffee cup in hand.

"Hello, I am Izuku Midoriya," he said, "It's nice to see a fresh face around here." His words were accompanied by a bright smile that made you feel welcomed.

Midoriya's friendly attitude made you feel reassured and welcome in this new environment.

"So you're Bakugo's assistant?" he asked. "I've been wanting to meet the person who can actually endure him on a daily basis..." he chuckled.

As you sat down with Midoriya and Kirishima, you felt more at ease than you had before. The two seemed more open and welcoming than Bakugo.

"So, do we have any investigations that need to be addressed?" you asked them. Midoriya shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing so far." Kirishima chimed in, "although I've heard that there's going to be a new case coming up soon."

You inquired about this new case that was supposedly coming up.

"Really? What's it about?" you asked.

Midoriya spoke up first, "Word is there's a new cult on the rise," he said, making your hair stand on end.

"A cult? That's... concerning," you replied, suddenly feeling uneasy.

Kirishima cut in to elaborate. "They're apparently based out of some old abandoned factory. It's been reported that there have recently been a lot more missing people than usual."

"And you think we might be looking into this cult?" You queried.

Kirishima nodded his head, a grim expression on his face. "We'll probably be told soon what the situation is." Kirishima added, "In the meantime, it's probably best to be cautious. Who knows what kind of people these cultists could be."

As you talked with Kirishima and Midoriya, Bakugo came back into the room, smoking his cigarette. The two other colleagues moved away from your desk quickly as he approached.

"Hey extras, quit crowding around my desk!" Bakudo shouted to all of you. He looked directly at you and asked, "And what the hell are you doing, dumbass?"

The harsh and rude words coming from Bakugo's mouth caught you off guard, causing you to feel a surge of anger and annoyance. However, you decided to stay calm and try to play along with what he said. You had to work with the guy after all.

You cleared your throat and responded, trying to remain professional. "I'm just discussing the upcoming investigation with Kirishima and Midoriya."

Bakugo stared at you for a few long moments, seemingly contemplating what you had said.

"Huh, you're actually being useful?" he scoffed. "Just make sure you don't mess up, dumbass." With that,he turned his back on you and went back to his own desk that was pushed against yours, letting out a deep sigh as he sat down.

You sat at your desk, pondering the situation with Bakugo. Why was he so abrasive and rude? Maybe there was a way to get him to warm up to you. You could bake him something... or ask him out for coffee or a bite to eat.

You know, his red ruby eyes were captivating...

As you mulled these ideas over in your head, you began pounding away on your typewriter, typing out some notes for the investigation. You were hoping that he would warm up to you soon... otherwise, it was going to be a long month.

As the night rolled in and everyone had left for the day, Bakugo stayed behind to look further into this upcoming case. He pored over various paperwork and reports, trying to make sense of it all. The rain was pounding on the windows outside, adding to the overall gloomy atmosphere.

As Bakugo studied the cases, his mind began to wander. He thought of you, wondering how things might change once you got to know one another.

At first, Bakugo scoffed at the idea of getting that close to you. After all, he'd sworn to himself to never open up to anyone again, not after the tragedy with Enji Todoroki. Back when he started, he was Enji's investigating assistant, and he would never forgive himself for what happened that one night.

But then his thoughts began to drift towards the tragedy. He tried to shake them away, not wanting to relive the painful memories, but they plagued him. He couldn't lose another partner. Not again.

But the way you smelled of strawberries and your eyes like sapphires. He let out a heavy sigh.

Just when Bakugo thought he'd be able to continue with his work in peace, there came a knock at the door. Mina walked in and informed him that someone was here to see him and that they had a potential lead regarding the case.

Bakugo sighed as he got up from his desk, grabbing his coat and hat and extinguishing his third cigarette of the day in the ashtray before stepping out the door.

This was going to be a long night.