CHAPTER 3: SILO

Be here tomorrow by twelve noon to take him...
and your mum and sister of course."
He ensured to add.
_________________

'SPECIAL ITEM'

Hoseok woke up to the biggest migraine he thought he'd ever had in history. "Goddamn, I feel like hell." He muttered to himself, eyes scanning around. He was back again in his cell, the familiar pungent smell of sweat filling his nostrils. He signed, shifting backward to rest his back on the concrete wall. His body was aching like hell, and he thought he might die if he doesn't take his medication any sooner.

Reaching into his pant pocket, he pulled out a dirty looking small white plastic bottle, thanking his stars that he hadn't lost it on his attempt to escape, or the guards hadn't found it.

If they found it, they would know he was sick, and sickness according to the silo rules means unpure, which then would lead to the death of the prisoner.

Opening the plastic container, he signed, realizing that he was running out. He'd have to worship Mako again and praise him as the best, in order to get his help into the staffs clinic.

Speaking of Mako... the Omega turned to his side, gaze scanning beyond the iron bars that separated their cells. There was no Mako. Hoseok's brow furrowed, afraid for some reasons.

Mako was never brought out of his cell at this time unless a buyer visited, or if he was to be punished. The omega silently prayed that it was the second option, for he didn't want his only surviving friend to be gone too.

They've been there together for six years now. Actually, Mako was here before him. Hoseok was still new then, naive and as confused as ever, but thanks to Mako and two others who have now been sold as slaves, he was able to scale through, learn new things, like surviving in this hell hole tall round fence called silo. It was very hard at first, he cried a lot at the beginning,  but as time went by, he got really good. Even better than Mako.

Hoseok and Mako were one of the few that had stayed the longest in the silo. From the very few informations he could scrape from those guards that taunted them, Hoseok was a 'special item', THE JADE. Every guard and prisoners always called him that, that explains why he had never been brought out whenever a buyer visited.

He had no solid explanation to why he was called that, but just went with the flow. That was the code name that was given to him anyway on his first day in the silo. The prisoners were never allowed to mention their true identity.

Even "Mako" wasn't Mako's real name. It sounded too foreign to be Korean, since Mako was Korean.

Mako was... probably just unlucky for all his ten years in this hell, no buyer had ever glanced his way, well, he was fine with that, he as well as Hoseok didn't want to be owned.

The iron door to Mako's cell opened, and Hoseok found himself letting out a relieved breath as soon as he sighted the older omega being pushed roughly into his cell.

"Look who's returned." Mako mocked, taking his seat close to the iron bar that separated them.

"Shut up Mako!" Hoseok snared, glaring at the elder. Wincing soon after as his headache returned. Realizing he hadn't taken his drugs, he quickly poured out a pill into his palm, throwing it into his mouth as quick as it left it's container.

"Headache again? I'm guessing the blows were too much to handle." Mako worried tone came.

"I guess so." Hoseok answered. "I wasn't even awake to know what they did to me. My whole body feels like shit right now."

Mako signed, resting his back on the wall. "You killed a guard, hope you know what that entails?"

Hoseok hummed, shoving the white container into his pocket. "Actually, it's five, four in the woods, and one here."

"FIVE?!? All in one day!?!" Mako yelled, eyes wide. Jesus Christ! Jade! What have you turned into?!"

Hoseok grimaced. "Don't mention the word Jesus ever to my ear again. And I didn't turn to anything, I'm still a fucking human, I'm just trying to survive, okay?!"

Mako remained quiet, signing. Yeah, he was trying to survive. Mako knew the omega was right, in this silo, everyone had been thought to do everything in their will to live till the next day. If it meant killing your trusted friend, then do it.

That was exactly what Hoseok was doing. He was the only prisoner in their time that had ever killed people this much. Because of him, guards were Changed every week. Even Mako himself had only killed one guard mistakenly which Hoseok immediately took the blame for.

One thing Mako did notice in Hoseok was his loyalty. Never ever In his life had he tried to betray any of his friends, even when they sometimes turned against him, putting the omega in trouble. That was one major reason why Mako was still very close to Hoseok, knowing that he could trust him with all his life.

"I heard from one of the guards that the owner of this silo is visiting tomorrow." Mako broke the silence, deciding to change the topic.

Hoseok's brows furrowed, gaze turning to the elder. "The owner? You mean Min Hungjae?"

"I guess so." Mako answered, unsure. "How did you know his name?"

Hoseok shrugged, turning to massage his aching feet. "I don't know too. I'm just guessing since it's Min Hungjae that brought me here."

There was a long minute of silence, Hoseok was concentrated on his feet when the meaning of his final statement finally hit him."

"Wait!" His eyes widened as he snapped his gaze towards Mako who already had an equally wide and worried gaze on him.

Were they both thinking the same thing?

Hoseok let out a wavering chuckle, fear evident In it. "They can't take me away." He said, trying to sound certain.

"But it's-"

"It might not be him. I just guessed the other time." Hoseok interrupted, going back to massaging his feet, an uneasy feeling swirling in his stomach.

The uneasy silence between the two was becoming brain wrecking, and Hoseok felt like vomiting. Abandoning his feet, he wrapped his arms around his legs, bringing his knee up to his chin, his face hiding between his knee. Something he always did when he was afraid.

"They can't take me away." He kept mumbling to himself. That was one reason why he kept rebelling, knowing fully well that if he remained untamed, they would loose interest in him just the way they did for mako, and then his chances of escaping to freedom would be high.

.
.
.

Here's another chapter guys. Please endeavor to vote.