[twenty nine]

matilda

matilda

liked by riabish, landonorris and others

matilda miami i am obsessed with you
(tagged: riabish, landonorris, _aarava)

view all 2911 comments

Miami was hot, very very hot but standing there watching her best friend race, Matilda didn't quite care. It had been a rocky weekend, ups and downs especially with Landos DNF a few days prior. She was stood in Landos garage, bulky headphones on her head. Matilda was going to stand with aarav and ria but they had told her they would be fine without her.

There was five laps left, Lando had been in first for a few laps now and the smile hadn't left her face. The gap continued to grow between him and Max and Matildas hand had found place in gripping one of the mechanics arms as the race continued.

Before she knew it, there was one lap left, Lando still leading and was seven seconds in front of Max. She was being rushed to pit wall by zak brown who had been on a mission to find the girl for the last lap. Matilda watched the screens as she stood behind andrea, hand hands placed firmly on his shoulders. He neared the finish line, the checkered flag waving.

"HOLY FUCK" Matilda screamed, shaking andrea's shoulders before literally jumping on zak's back. Andreas handed the girl the radio pack, Matildas eyes widening as she looked at the man for confirmation. Pressing on the button, she spoke "you've done it bobble! you won!

A loud yell could be heard through the radio, matildas smile never failing and Landos getting wider at the sound of her voice. He laughed and Matilda just wanted him to hurry up and get out of the car so she could hug him "oh about fucking time! i love you all, thank you so much! We did it will! WE DID IT"

"hurry up and get back so i can hug you" matilda spoke through the radio

"ohhh lando nowins huh? i guess that's how it's done, finally! ohhh tils i'm so happy!" Matilda was hugging everyone who came over to the pit wall! jumping up and down in her spot. The cameras were sure to pick up the winners best friends reaction. something lando was going to be very grateful for. "thanks mum, thanks dad! thank you tils!"

Matilda didn't hear the rest of his speech, she was already on facetime to adam and cisca who were just as elated as the girl. She was on her way down with zak and andrea to congratulate the boy, usually matilda wasn't allowed to see lando until after weigh ins and podium but that day was special.

She saw lando pull up, getting out of his car and running into his team, she laughed, cheering as he jumped into them. Hanging up on landos parents who were busy celebrating, she watched as he hugged both andreas and zak before he turned to the girl, opening his arms as she smiled at him.

Matilda jogged forward, jumping into his arms as he spun her around. She couldn't care less that he was sweaty, she grabbed his face, resting her forehead against his with the biggest smile

"you fucking did it" her eyes welled with tears as she whispered to him. Everyone else disappeared in that moment for lando, it was just him and his best friend "you did it"

"i did it" lando nodded, also smiling. Matilda placed a kiss on his forehead, the red lipstick smudging on his forehead but he couldn't care less. With one last hug, Lando went off to get weighed and do his post race interviews while matilda went to find her friends. What a day

<3
LILLY SPEAKS
sorry i haven't been uploading as much, work and college has been stressing me out and in between them i was sleeping lol