Chapter Two: The Unchosen Tulip

Andrea wished she hadn't come here. The atmosphere, vibe, and especially the judging stares of some people in the group who she thinks are the most fake and plastic people she met in her whole life. 

This brunch gathering of wealthy teenagers from well-known business families is just... too much for her.

So the question is, why was she here if she would rather die than join? Andrea asks that to herself too.

At first, she would have thought her best friend would be the one to drag her again to this event but no. Crisha knows that Andrea would not want to go since she witnessed how her best friend almost looked unrecognizable the next day because of her puffy eyes from crying.

This is why Crisha was confused about why Andrea was here standing in front of her. Andrea, too didn't think she'd be here at all. The two then engaged in a weird conversation through eye-talking (?) their eyes would widen then squint then tilt their head in confusion.

They were in their own world and they didn't notice how the teenagers with them looked at them like they were insane.

She looked at the ladies, they wore casual dresses specifically ones that were bodycon except Crisha who wore white trousers and a brown sleeve. She looked cool with it. The guys wore pants and polo shirts.

They all looked clean, stylish, confident (some arrogant), sexy, and lastly gorgeous people. Andrea always felt like she was an outcast. It's because she thinks she doesn't fit in with them.

She looked down at herself. Andrea wore a midsize white-puff sleeves dress with a dirty white top over it. She doesn't want to look forced and try to fit in so she just went with her style. It wasn't body con since she rather not emphasize her body line and end up comparing herself again to these ladies who have perfect ones.

Crisha pulled Andrea's arm to stand beside each other. "Chin up, you're beautiful my girl." Crisha winked.

Andrea couldn't help but smile. "You're saying that to yourself?" She joked. Crisha reacted by opening her mouth and looking at her in disbelief.

"Don't flatter me, babe." Crisha jokingly slapped her friend's shoulder and Andrea just laughed at it.

"Anyway, how were you here? I thought you didn't want to come?" Crisha whispered in Andrea's ears.

Andrea sighed. "I was forced to."

"By who?" Crisha's eyebrow raised.

"Seems like you're all here. Thank you for making the time, everyone." A soft voice spoke behind them. Speaking of whom.

He wore black trousers and a white long-sleeve top, and his dark wavy hair was styled perfectly. Handsome, cool, smells expensive, clean, and just a perfect human being.

"Daniel Kai, it's been so long!" The guests greeted Daniel. "You look handsome as always Daniel." A maggot flirted while she winked at him.

The flirting was so hard to look at as the girl was trying too hard that it looked cringe. Then Crisha cleared her throat which gained their attention. The girls moved away from Daniel.

Daniel's gaze was focused on the two best friends who stood beside each other. Andrea tried so hard not to lock gaze with him but when their eyes met he smiled sweetly at her.

She tried to smile back at him naturally but ended up looking forced and weird and she caught how the girls laughed at her.

Her smile instantly dropped and just gave a nod at Daniel while she was feeling embarrassed inside.