Chapter 4: First kill of many

Alex POV:

"10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and.... 15, agh my arms", after waking up from a long sleep, I tried to exercise for a long time in my life and my arms feel sluggish after a small exercise that consists off jumping jack and push up, I have to get stronger if I want to survive and able to carry more stuff back to my hideout.

I wipe all of my sweets away with rags and prepare my breakfast on the portable stove, today the menu is meat stew and water..... Again, I sigh at eating Tushonka for the third day in Tarkov, which makes my stomach hurt from eating canned food all day, "I need to find different food than this".

I look down at the meat stew and proceed to eat it anyway, Ignoring the protest from my stomach from eating too many canned goods, I force myself to finish the meat stew and wash it down with water.

"ah that's the spot", I put the bowls near the kitchen area, and then looked at the unused generator that sitting below the ventilation system, with so much work to be done I picked up the manuals and began to install the generator into the ventilation.

After an hour of reading the manual, while putting the corrugated hoses into the ventilation system and figuring out how I could connect the wires and cables to the generator, I finally finished installing the generator with a proud face, "It's finally done, man I think I have a talent for being a fast learner, imagine learning Russian with just a dictionary and using it to read the Russian based manual to installed the generator, never thought I can manage to do that in one day", I wiped the sweat from my forehead and looked at the newly installed generator that ready to get used for my hideout illumination, "Now, I only have to find fuel for the generator and more lightbulbs to light up the place", with how little lightbulbs I have in my stash, I need to find more before this place can be light up.

I go towards my stash of items and prepare my gear for my next loot run, my new plan for today is to find more lightbulbs and diesel for the generator, not only that, but I need to find a map or GPS to understand my current location if I want to explore further than just the city.

After I put my armor vest and chest rig on, I put the MP-443 pistol in my back pocket as a backup weapon, and sling the AK on my back ready to go for another raid, as I go outside from the hideout, I choose a different path than the usual manhole cover I used to go out and pick a long way of tunnels path on my left and walking even further to the heart of the city, after an hour of walking, I got outside of the metro system into the surface.

I look around and see the place more look like a battlefield where everything is destroyed and on fire, I keep going through the road until I hear someone talking nearby, I collect my courage and walk towards the sound.

when I passed the wall on my right, I saw 2 scavs talking to each other while one of sitting on the hood of a car and the other one brandishing his AK to the sitting scav, walking towards them they noticed my presence and stopped talking with whatever conversation they had.

I waved my hand and spoke to them with the most broken Russian accent ever, "(in Russian) Hello friend", I smiled awkwardly at both of them.

After a long pause both of them looked at each other and laughed hysterically at me, their action makes me confused as f*ck, 'Do I say something wrong?'.

As I wanted to speak again, one of them started to speak to me, "You need to learn more before you understand how to talk russkiy lad".

The shock of him suddenly speaking English made me embarrassed, but the realization that they knew I was not from around here made me wary and scared, my hand twitched to reach my AK to defend myself.

One of the scavs seeing my twitchy hand and panicking demeanor began to calm me down from my mind, "Woah relax Mal'chik, we are friendly".

he slung his gun away and the other scav that was still on the car hood put his gun beside him, " Long from home aren't you?".