maybe

You knew you were making a mistake. You told yourself you were making a mistake the entire way down the hallway. You were on the fifth floor and when you were in the elevator you regretted your decision more and more yet you couldn't stop yourself, not even when you saw it.

Room 34-E.

You reached your hand out to the doorknob and touched it, but you couldn't turn the door. You just stood there, you had a takeout bag in your left hand, it was a little heavy with the food you had inside. You weren't sure what you were doing, you had a class you could have been at yet you were here.

You turned the doorknob finally and opened it, the sounds of machines beeping caught your attention but not more than what was in front of you. Eren was lying on the hospital bed, his ribcage was wrapped up with bandages and he had fresh stitches above his eyebrow. He had tattoos on his arms and bare chest. His eye darted over to you when you opened the door and he instantly furrowed his brows.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned firmly and you walked forward.

"I brought you food. Connie told me you hate hospital food." You raised the bag you had in your hand before walking over to him, you grabbed a chair and pulled it to his bedside to sit down at.

Nobody asked you to come here, not even Connie. But you felt bad. Neither Jean nor Connie had gone to visit him and based on your conversation yesterday, you knew his parents wouldn't be visiting him since his face was all bruised and he had to hide it.

"Why would you do that?" He questions the moment you sit down.

"Nobody should have to be in the hospital alone." You stated and he gave you a strange look, it made you think that he probably wanted you to leave. You looked down at the bag in your lap and you regretted everything, you overstepped and he didn't want you here.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come." You apologized quickly and stood up to leave but when you took the first step away, he reached his arm out.

"You can stay." He says calmly, and despite how awkward and tense you feel, you sit back down.

You put the food on the table next to his bed, he looked at it and then looked at you.

"It's a burrito...Connie said you like burritos. There double steak and beans on it...for the iron since you lost blood." You informed and he nodded his head at you, he tried to reach to the bedside table to grab it but you heard him groan as he did.

"Could you grab it for me?" He asked and looked off to the side, instead of at you. You grabbed the bag and took out the burrito wrapped in foil, you handed it to him and set the bag aside.

"Thank you." He said before you looked over to the TV mounted on the wall and saw that he was watching a boxing match, a regular boxing match.

"Can I ask you something?" You turned your head away from the TV after watching it for a few minutes while he ate.

"Yes?"

"If your parents don't know...how do afford hospital bills? After a while wouldn't what you make from the fights not be enough?" You questioned and he sighed while looking at you.

"My father owns this hospital. I don't have any hospital bills." He answered and that was the last answer you were expecting to hear but then he just casually went back to eating.

You wanted to ask more but you didn't, something about asking about his family just didn't feel right so you kept quiet on that subject. You went back to watching the boxing on the TV, you'd never watched boxing until now. While you were watching you noticed that the two boxers in the match were significantly smaller than Eren, you were confused when you thought of Eren's height and build and then the two boxers.