talking - ch2

Maria pov :
someone bumped into me, and although they were running I managed to stay on my feet although I did wobble. I began to feel angry. I span around. I saw a beautiful girl on the floor she must have been the one who bumped into me. her green flowy shirt and tight leggings suited her so well. Wow, she was so pretty.
"'Hello, miss? miss? are you ok ?" I utter she seemed spaced out.

she snapped back to reality " Hi, " she muttered "'Yeah I'm fine thank you for asking, are you Ma'am I'm so so so so sorry," she looked sorry like, actually sorry, she seemed polite but she still hadn't gotten up off the floor.

" Need a hand miss," I say trying to be confident. I reach my hand out towards her for her to take it. She reaches for my hand and grasps it, her hands are so smooth. I pull her up to her feet, I look at her face, she has high cheekbones, and beautiful rose-coloured lips with look very plump. she also had ... dried tears on her cheeks. I take a step towards her, " have you been crying? '' I ask sympathetically I like her I don't know why or how but I already care for her and do not even know her.

"Well," she hesitates " yeah, I have. " she begins to cry again.

"Can I give you a hug," I ask, I have a strong urge to comfort her and I don't know why? she nods. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into a tight embrace. she places her head on my shoulder for a second and I get butterflies. We pull apart and it leaves me longing for more but if I held her for any longer it would have gotten awkward. can I walk you to wherever ever where going, we can talk about it but we don't have to?"

" yes please, "' she mutters between soft sobs She starts leading me in the direction she was headed.

"so where are we going ?"' i question

"'My sister's house. "' She calms down slowly.

' oh how come ?, ' realize how cosy and rude I'm being,' If you don't mind me asking that is "

"no I don't mind I need to tell someone anyway, it's the reason I was crying, so I'm engaged to Alexander Hamilton " She thrust a massive ring in my face

"Man-ok no need to brag with a massive ring, jezz "' I say jokingly then I chuckle

" well I just saw him cheating on me with another man, it's not that it's another man if he had told me I would have been upset but less upset than I am now that he has cheated ."' she says beginning to cry again

" OMG, that is horrid. "'I am seething that a man would cheat on this lovely woman . ' he sounds horrible .'
I grab her hand and stop her i walk in front of her, " your so amazing none should treat you like that, You look good him "I bring her hand to my lips and carefully place a kiss there. I turn around and keep walking trying to be nonchalant. my face turned beet red. 'OMG why did I do that ' I think t myself 'shit shit shit I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable.

Eliza pov :
OMG OMG OMG. Did she just kiss me? She is so beautiful. OMG. Did she think I was worth more than Alex?

She had started walking and I hadn't realised so I had to jog to catch up.

I realized my sister's house-warming was still quite far and we had been walking for a while "Hey I'm sorry,"

"Sorry? for what ? " she asked, shivering

" I didn't realize how far my sister's house was and now you are shivering, here " I felt really bad, so I reached into the bag I had packed and pulled out a jumper that was a little too big for me, I handed it to Maria. "Here !" I said smiling.

" no Eliza, really I'm fine you should worry about yourself," she said

" Maria if you don't take this jumper I'm gonna walk away from you !" I didn't know if this threat would work I was just hoping it would I didn't want to walk on my own especially since it was getting dark.

"Fine," she said with an eye roll

Which earned a "yes," from me in victory.

We walked for about another half hour at this point it was dark.

"Here is my sister's," I say.