Moving In Day

The golden carriage soared through the azure skies, drawn by majestic flying horses with wings glistening in the sunlight

The golden carriage soared through the azure skies, drawn by majestic flying horses with wings glistening in the sunlight. Within the carriage, Ariadne sat between her mother, Psyche, and her grandmother, Aphrodite, the air thick with anticipation and tension. Psyche, with her gentle demeanour, attempted to steer the conversation towards Ariadne's upcoming journey at school, hoping to shield her daughter from the weight of their family legacy and the relentless emphasis on beauty. But Aphrodite, resplendent in her divine radiance, couldn't resist the urge to impart her wisdom upon her granddaughter, her words laced with expectation and the harsh demands of tradition.

Aphrodite-"Don't forget to pay close attention in beautification class little dove , you are a descendent of the goddess of love and beauty , you have a repetition to uphold"

Ariadne shifted in her seat feeling uncomfortable with her grandmothers words.

Psyche-"I'm sure our Ariadne will excel in all her classes , and you'll make so many new friends my girl..."

Aphrodite-"Friends are irrelevant , she has to prove herself worthy to the storian to get her own story , less she fall into obscurity like Hebe, or Hecate"

Psyche-"Enough mother , its only moving in day , this is to much to put on her shoulders."

Ariadne-"Its ok mother, I understand I have a lot to live up to and I shall not disappoint."

Aphrodite smiled proudly at her grandchild , despite her pushiness and occasional gaslighting, there was an undeniable love beneath Aphrodite's stern façade, a love that Ariadne could feel deep within her heart.

Aphrodite-"I know you will my dear , I know you will " she brushed a hair from her face and looked deep into her eyes "You have my looks , the boys and girls for that matter wont know what hit them"

Ariadne blushed at Aphrodite's words, despite her family history and obvious looks she was actually terrified of falling in love seeing the way her grandmother wedeled it as power and her parents suffered to achieve it , who's to say she would even be allowed a happy ending.

As the carriage slowed to a graceful halt, Ariadne's father, Eros, descended from the heavens, his wings shimmering like molten gold as he bestowed his blessings upon his daughter.

Eros-"Ahh theirs my little cherub , you look and beautiful as your mother "

His mother gave him a stern look

Eros-"And your grandmother of course ..." he scratched the back of his head and chuckled. he gave her a big hug engulfing her in his huge win span " Don't get upset cherub , your young go have some  fun, love you " 

Ariadne-"Thanks dad , love you to. Look after mum for me "

Eros-"Always will"