1- Welcome to Forks.

"Mom!" I groaned, "Stop singing, please" I begged. 

"I'm sorry, Reagan." She turned to me and smiled. "I'm just trying to make the best of the situation. I know how upset you were to move." She turned back to the winding Washington roads. 

"I know. I'm not that upset anymore." That was a lie. "I just don't get why we have to move to this small town literally on the other side of the country." Maine was my favorite place in the world, and also the only place I'd been. 

"Your father and that woman are there, honey. I couldn't live knowing she was in my home with my things." She let out a breath. "My husband, too."

"I know, Mom. I know. I'll get over it and we'll be so happy." I slouched into my seat and watched the trees as we passed them. 

At some point, I must have fallen asleep. My mom shook me awake as we pulled into our driveway. The moving people arrived this morning with all of our boxes, and thank god, because it was dark outside and I was exhausted. 

My room was the smaller of the two, and all of the boxes with my name were stacked around the room. My bed frame was lying against one wall, behind my mattress. I moved some boxes around and pushed my mattress to the floor. I rummaged around the boxes, looking for the one with my bedding. Of course, they were in the box on the bottom of a huge stack. 

"Honey?" My mom knocked on the door. 

"Yeah?" I call out. 

"Are you going to bed?" She asked as she walked into my room. 

"Yeah. I want to unpack tomorrow and explore a little." I smiled as I finished putting the sheet and blanket on the mattress. 

"Okay. I want to go introduce ourselves to the neighbors tomorrow. Do you want to cpme with me?" She leaned against the wall. 

"Yeah. Tomorrow morning?" 

"Yeah. Goodnight, honey." She closed the door as she left, and I fell asleep almost right away. 

When I woke up, the overcast sky was lighting up my room. The sage walls glowed against the deep brown floor. I yawned into the pillow and started my morning routine, after hunting everything down from the boxes. 

An hour later, I was showered and changed into my usual outfit- baggy jeans and a band tee, this time it was Red Hot Chilli Peppers. 

"Coffee?" Mom greeted me downstairs with a mug. "I've almost got the kitchen and living room unpacked and put together." She added as she handed me the mug. 

"I can see. It looks nice." I sat down at the table. After a few minutes, we headed to our neighbors house. 

The house next door was a white two-story house. There was a red truck and a police car parked out front. Mom walked in front of me and knocked on the door. A middle aged man, who looked tired beyond belief answered. Mom introduced us as new neighbors.

"Oh, I have a daughter, Bella, who also just moved here. Let me get her!" He exclaimed. 

"See, Regs? You two could be friends." Mom smiled at me. The door opened again and the man and a girl my age appeared. 

"I'm Charlie, chief of police here, and this is my daughter, Bella." He motioned for her to come forward and she did. She was a bit taller than me, with long brown hair. At first, she looked scared, but that was quickly overshadowed with Charlie's excitement. 

"Hi, Bella. I'm Catherine, and this is Reagan." My mom smiled at Bella, who looked at us through her eyelashes. 

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." She mumbled. I had to strain to hear her, even though we were only a few feet apart.