Little Mermaid ⏪ Pt.3

A green-scaled tail sparkled and swished back and forth, resistant to the vast waves tumbling around the youngest daughter of Triton. The drift of the misty wind drew her nearer and nearer to the broad ship resting so fluently over the sea. The young sea-maid brushed her crimson bangs from her eyes, noticing a gentle thumping in her heart at the magnificence of the blazing burnings that exploded in colorful hues and kissed the air-streaming down squiggling jellyfish. Triton's daughter hesitantly moved and swayed around the ship, which bobbled steadily, noticing a chorus of instant chortling erupting on the deck below the mass. Peering cautiously over the rail, she saw mankind dancing and thumping their hands together with the steadfast music of instruments she was unfamiliar with. Each human seemed to be in their own little world as they spun out of harmony to the other, though each sang the same lyrics about a siren whose mere voice drew the sailors of their crew to silence to the mysterious fathoms below.

The young mermaid's eyes glowed fiercely emerald with curiosity, though she was immediately alarmed as a hairy gray landfish noticed her, causing her to retreat below quickly. The land creature propped his fins over the railing, noticing the strange woman. The sea-maid looked up at him, seeing his eyes completely covered by his mane, causing her face to lift to the land fish. She cautiously leaned over the railing as the landfish placed a spongy kiss over the woman's cheek, releasing a gentle giggle that seemed to pause the vibrations of the ship. The mermaid's delicate fingers stroked the landfish's scales, noticing the smooth texture similar to her crimson strands. "Max? Come here!"

The landfish retreated immediately with that gentle, patient yelp of a voice, causing the woman to drift below the rail where only her eyes were visible so she could fixate on the furry creature. As her eyes perceived the landfish's tongue sticking out of his mouth, she was instantly mesmerized by rough hands brushing the land creature's hair playfully; "Max! What are you doing? What's gotten you so excited?" Before she knew it, the man's face came into view as he was forced to hit the deck; dark blue eyes filled the little mermaid with instant fascination as she immediately took in the human man before her, whose skin prickled with sand, wrinkling at his fingertips; hair, as dark as the late air, that swam with the light breeze. A chuckle filled the man's lungs as a spongy kiss also met his cheek, resulting in his hands pushing the hairy gray landfish down so he could stand. However, he wobbled as the dog pushed him from behind his legs, causing him to stumble his hands onto the boat's railing. The mermaid's heart thumped and fluttered as her cheeks burned strangely. "Max! What's gotten, huh-" A gentle push from the landfish's mussel brought the man's fingers to meet her red hair, and everything seemed to fade from importance as dark blue eyes locked hold of the mystery woman below him with striking red hair and the tail of a fish. She leaned her back against the boards, still noticing his fingers against her hair, though she found them pulling away as a question came from the boat, "Who are you?"

Triton's daughter's hands met her face in remembrance of her identity, causing her to jump from the side of the boat; the splash of her body consumed the little mermaid below the waves as she clutched her arms to her chest in panic. She had become so close to a human and had merely been seen by her father's barbarians. How could she have allowed this? Her father will be furious. A sudden splash came above her; as the bubbles cleared, those dark blue eyes remained wide, perceiving the creature he had discovered. The little mermaid's heart pounded as the human man scrapped his boots from his feet and moved them like a pair of flippers towards her. Triton's daughter stared at the human, noticing his clothing drifting above his chest, and before she even could comprehend what he was doing, he grabbed her wrists, pulling her towards the surface. A gasp filled the mermaid's lungs as she moved to pull away, though his grasp remained tight. He was trying to pull her to land, but to no avail, as they both sank deeper and deeper into the sea. With the constant pull of each, the man's lips released a string of bubbles in moments as his hands moved to his mouth and loosened his grasp. The little mermaid noticed his struggle, bringing her mouth to his, breathing in the cold oxygen within the water. She found his hand moving around her hair, urging her for another breath as his nose released bubbles. As the sea-maid watched the human's features relax, she pulled away, seeing awe on the sailor's face. She flicked her tail downward further into the ocean. The man's black hair shook with his head as his fingers latched over her hands, pointing upward, urging her to come with him. The young seamaid's heart continued to pound as she drifted between the man and the thundering waves of her father's deep voice, calling her back within the waves.