Guilt: Pt. 2

After organizing the dorm, I sat down at my study desk, deep in thought.

I'm going back to my hometown tomorrow. It's the last time I would see Danielle for the next month. What a way to say goodbye to her...

So, I decided. I would keep a note near her side table, just in case she expects to see me come back.

...

...

...

With a bag strapped to my back, a suitcase, and - the heaviest of all - my heart, I exited the dorm, whispering my last goodbyes to the girl I had broken just a few hours ago.

I took a taxi to the bus terminal, where I found myself hopelessly lost in the midst of a thousand bustling bodies.

...

This was bad.

Very, very bad.

The next bus for my hometown would leave after 30 more minutes. If I missed that, I would have to wait for another hour for another bus due to major delays. I owed my suffering to the harsh weather. It was raining like there was no tomorrow.

I had to ask for directions.

Desperately looking around for someone I could trust, I made up my mind. I approached a brunette, one who looked to be around my age. She maintained a calm, vibrant aura, sharply contrasting to my roommate's aloof attitude.

"Excuse me."

Her eyes drew themselves to meet mine. They had widened slightly, perhaps at the fact that a stranger was conversing with her.

"O-Oh! Hi! How can I help you?" she stuttered, forcing a smile on her face to hide her startle.

"Do you know the way to Terminal 6?" I enquired, smiling warmly at her in an attempt to make her feel more comfortable. Her brows lifted sharply, as her eyes lit up in excitement.

"Of course! As a matter of fact, I'm expecting my family to come from that very terminal!"

"I see...what a coincidence!"

"Follow me, we can go there together!"

"O-Okay."

Her social skills were overpowering. Her energy levels were brimming and flooding out from her in heaps. Additionally, she was genuine.

I never knew that genuity could be expressed in such ways...

After passing dense crowds, we finally reached our destination. Suddenly, my companion groaned in frustration.

"Aw, man..." she mumbled, pointing up to the electronic board which displayed the schedules of each bus. Unfortunately, my ride was delayed by 2 hours. I suppose the weather was just that bad. 

"Now what?" she thought out loud, absent-mindedly staring into space.

Looking around, I depicted many restaurants. If we had to wait for another 2 hours, we should at least satisfy our hunger.

"Wanna go eat?" I offered. Her head tilted to look at our surroundings. Then, her all-famous smile plastered itself on her face yet again.

"Sure! Sounds good to me."

"In that case..." I began, "what type of food do you want?"

"I'll leave that choice to you."

"But-"

"Please, I'm not a person of preference, so, I insist, you choose." she intervened.

I sighed in defeat. Giving each restaurant a series of decisive thoughts, I ultimately ended up with my final choice. I pointed to one of the places. "Are you okay with seafood?"