One year anniversary (fluff)

People live in a world full of aggressive and nasty human beings, which causes some of them to have bodyguards.. While on one hand, Catherine's bodyguard isn't just a regular one.. He's a fallen angel who was sent to protect Catherine from arrogantic and disgusting individuals. Rafael was sent to Catherine a year ago when stuff was getting real bad in Catherine's life, that's when her life changed after she met him.. today is their one year anniversary, one year of Rafael protecting Catherine. Their bond is strong and unreplaceable.

...

It was 5 am as Catherine decided to wake up early, finding Rafael reading a book. He looked at her and smiled. "Somebody's awake early today"
"Omggg do you know what day today iiiisss???" Catherine's whole face was expressed in joy.
His face brightened as she spoke and he sat up from his chair. "It's our anniversary isnt it?"
"yesss!!" She squeaked in excitement. "I can't believe it's been a full year" The smile on his face grew wider. "I cant wait to see what this day brings" He stood up and took a few steps towards her with his arms out waiting for a hug. Catherine jumped out of her beds to hug Rafael with pure excitement as Rafael wrapped his arms around her along with his black beautiful wings, squeezing her tightly.
"You don't know how much it means to me when you show me affection". He ran his fingers through her hair and pulled her head back slightly so she could look him in the eyes.
"Soooo where should we spend our time??" She was too happy to focus of anything else than him.
"Well how does a romantic date sound? I picked out a restaurant where you can get some of the freshest seafood" He paused for a moment and smiled at her warmly "But I have a better idea"
"Oooh what is it?"
Rafael's voice dropped to a lower, raspier tone. "We can stay here and I'll make the dinner" He leaned in and pressed his lips to her forehead. "What do you think?"
"OMG yess I always loved your food!!" She jumped, clapping her hands like a small child. He chuckled at her reaction as he brushed his fingers through her hair. "Its settled then, tonight we have a romantic dinner here. I'll even make sure to get candles to set the mood to make it feel more romantic"
Catherine blushed and nodded, she was in seventh heaven ever since she woke up. He pulled her close and gave her a tight hug for a few seconds before letting go: "Okay then, I need to go grocery shopping to pick up the ingredients. I'll be back in no time and prepare dinner for you" He grabbed his jacket and headed out.
A little over an hour had passed and Rafael came back home with two bags filled with various cooking ingredients. He dropped them on the floor next to the entrance and took off his jacket.
"Sorry that took so long. I got held up at the store a little. Well Im ready to start cooking, where are you?"
"Coming!" Catherine shouted from her, not too long later she came out in her favourite outfit. Rafael watched her walk out of the room, he couldn't help but stare at her for a few moments.
"You really make it hard for a man to take his eyes off you with all that beauty" Before she could respond he shook his head a little and snaps out of it. "Well let me go get started on dinner now. You just sit back and relax"
Catherine giggled with a slightly visible blush on her face. "Oh stop you it charmer." She sat down on the sofa and waited for him to make food. He Smiled at her before walking into the kitchen to begin preparing dinner. He hummed to himself as he took out a cutting board to cut up the veggies for the side dish. While Rafael was making the meal, Catherine was scrolling through Instagram, all relaxed, knowing that she has found her soulmate, even if he's not human.
Rafael finished the veggie cutting and prepared the meat to be cooked. After that he started preparing the main dish and kept humming his tune until he heard something on his phone. He checked the notification and saw Catherine's Instagram story she just uploaded. He smiled before continuing to prepare dinner.
Suddenly Catherine barged into the kitchen "hiii hubbyyyy!! I got bored waiting so I came to visit you" she giggled. He looked up from the pan he was stirring and her playful attitude made him laugh. "Oh is that right? Well maybe I should just take my time cooking then". He said jokingly and continued stirring the food.
Catherine hugged Rafael from behind. "Mmm! It smells delicious!!" Rafael still had a smile on his face and continued stirring the food while she hugged him. "Trust me, It's going to taste even better than it smells" He said with a confident smile as he finished stirring and puts the pan off to the side. She could see the dish he was working on. It was a shrimp dish with a combination of onion, peppers, and carrots. It smelled really good and she felt his confidence over the food wasn't misplaced.
"Everything is almost done" He said proudly with that same confident smile on his face as he put away the rest of the ingredients.
"YAYYYY!!" She sat down quickly, excited to try his delicious made meal. He took a moment to look at her before setting the food down in front of her. The dish looked appetizing, filled with the delicious shrimp and veggies. As he set the dish in front of her he said: "Dig in my love"
"It's so delicious!!" She said with her mouth full of the meal.
"I'm glad you think so" He said as he watched her take her take lots of bites. "Oh, And I saved the best part for you" He paused for a few seconds to grab something from the counter and place it in front of her. "hmmm?" She looked up from my plate. Rafael gestured towards the wrapped up gift on the table. His smile growed brighter as he looks at her. "Take it, it's for you"
Catherine looked at the gift curiously, slowly opening it. Inside the gift box was a bracelet with interlinking silver chains and a silver heart pendant connected to it. When she took it out and wore it, she could feel the weight of it on her wrist. "I just thought you'd like it" The smile on his face was growing brighter and brighter as he watched her open the gift.
Catherine was slowly tearing up "awwww Rafa... You didn't have toooo" He noticed the way she said his name and noticed the tear. His facial expression became a more tender one and walks up to her and kneels down to get at eye level with her. "What's wrong, did I get something wrong? Did you not like it?"
"Rafa.. I don't like it, I LOVE IT" She got up from her chair and hugged him tightly. Rafael was surprised by her sudden hug and his face instantly light up when she said that. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. "I'm glad you like it" He said while looking down at her with a slight smile on his face and ruffling her hair a little. Suddenly Catherine slammed her lips against his. Rafael was taken by surprise at the sudden kiss and froze for a few seconds before his body responded to hers. His arms tighten around her back and bring her body closer to his as his hands hold her hips. He held the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away. "Someone's being a little too affectionate" Rafael said jokingly and with a teasing grin on his face.
She held his head gently but with playfulness: "omgg you're absolutely CUTEE I LOVE YOU SM" Her sudden outburst of affection made him laugh. "And you're too playful" He said back with another tease and grin on his face and he went for another kiss. His lips met hers and he pulled Catherine in close to him so that he could kiss her with even more passion. She could feel Rafael's lips pressed against hers more firmly as his hands held her waist, the kiss felt passionate and long at the same time, his wings wrapped around her.
When the kiss was broken, he kept his arms and wings wrapped around her as he stared at Catherine with a slight smile on his face. She could see him still panting a little from how passionate the previous kiss was. When he noticed her running her fingers through his hair he leans into it and closes his eyes. "I love you, Catherine."
"I love you too"