(5) Hit by the chocking wave.

Tw! Abuse

He ran and ran, the sun already shining behind him making the street more visible.
He is aware of what's gonna happen, its clear.
Everything's clear.

He ran inside, he didn't even bother to go through the window.

He opens the door and shuts it loudly, catching his breath looking down. Why was it so hard to breathe? He was panicking, his chest tightening at each breath making it harder and harder to catch up on what's happening. Looking up, he's meet with his father staying in the living room now looking at him. Cole looks at him with wide eyes, the grip on his chest loosens. He'd like to say a word, to start explaining himself, try to spit a lie, but no words came out.

What was the last time? Months ago? When was the last time he got in big trouble with him?

,,Where from, son?" His father said calmly, taking three steps closer to him.
Yet he stays quiet, and they sit in silence for a couple of seconds.
His father steps closer, Cole could just feel him getting angrier as he does and pulls him closer to him by the chin, receiving a slight whimper from Cole.
,,Where were you, son?" He asks again, now rougher, looking into his eyes.

,,I'm sorry-" Cole squeezed his eyes ,,I shouldn't have done that, I'm not gonna do it again!" He let out those words made of pure fear.  His father's response was to push him with the same hand that hold his chin and looks the other way.

Not long after Cole responds to his anger with another apology ,,Please, dad, I'm not gonna do it again, I promise-"

,,You're pathetic" He said now looking again at him with disgust. ,,You never listen to me, you look like your mother gave birth to you in a trash can. I'm your father, you obey. So when I ask where you were, you start answering."
He stays quiet for a little more. Well fuck, the apology doesn't work. He's in big fucking trouble.
,,I was out with some friends." He'd find out one way or another, it doesn't matter.

,,Friends?"

,,Yes."

,,So you dare to come home with those eyes apologising for your grades and now you're out with friends? I knew you would turn into junk the moment I let you walk in that junk high school! Who are your friends huh?"

He stood quiet, and his father slapped him.

,,What friends, Cole?-" ... ,,You know what, it doesn't even matter."  And he stepped closer now. You know what's freaking him out? That he isn't even drunk, which just proves that he doesn't care, that he wants to hurt him, that he means everything he says. When his father is drunk, the only thing that can comfort him is lies. Telling himself that he doesn't mean anything he does, sure he shows way more attitude to his father when he's sober than when he's drunk but that doesn't mean it scares him when he lifts his hand. And that's what he did, he squeezed his eyes and was ready for his father to hit him once more.

His hand was up, his lip twitched in disgust looking at his son ,,You don't know how much I wished you were normal."

Cole opened his eyes and that's when his father slapped him again.

It was silence, for a bit, and Cole touched his cheek.
,,Normal? After you fucked me up?" He said softly, full of rage but so soft.

,,What did you say?"

,,I hate you."

,,Louder, boy."

He stood straight, to look at him. Oh in how much trouble he is in.

,,You heard me already. If I can't even have a normal life, how do you expect me to be normal? Are you normal? Is it normal to be fucking drunk 24/7?"

His father pushed him but he didn't fall, so he slapped him and pushed him once more. He wanted to apologise again, like it would work, he wanted to say something to him but he couldn't breathe. He looked up to be meet with his father over him. He pulled his hair back as he groaned.