28 | A Horrible Attempt At A Proper Greeting

21 BBY, Month 8

The ship turned rapidly as Kenobi veered it away from a blast

The ship turned rapidly as Kenobi veered it away from a blast. Wynn watched as her master's brows creased together in frustration. It was his third attempt to get past the barrage of bolts thrown their way by a wall of vulture droids, but it seemed to be impassable.

Wynn held onto her seat-belt as the ship shook from another blast. "Master, we can't take much more of that."

"I know," he muttered, clenching his jaw as he scratched his beard in thought. "But I'm running out of options."

Wynn examined the vulture droids as they flew like a murmuration of birds. She had seen plenty of muzkeri reptilius eptus on Mandalore fly like that. The reptilian birds, better known as muzkers, always flew in sync and pattern. The vulture droids flew eerily similar to them. They were about to fly out of sight so she unbuckled, leaning over the dashboard to watch.

"Wynn, what are you doing?" Kenobi asked, protectively placing an arm in front of her. "If you don't sit back down, you'll crash into the window."

"Master, I think I have a plan." Wynn stepped away, touching his arm on the chair. "Can you let me try?"

Kenobi's eyes widened. "You've only flown on planet—"

"I've done enough simulation," Wynn said, biting her lip. "But you also told me that you trust me flying more than you do Anakin."

Obi-Wan sighed, standing up. "Please don't get us killed. I'd rather live to see another day."

"I don't plan on it, you worry wart," Wynn said, sliding into his seat. Kenobi flinched at her statement. "What, you don't like being called a worry wart."

"Not entirely, but the fact that the phrase brings back memories of my sister," Kenobi said, sighing.

His sister was brought up every so often and Wynn had pieced together that it was Kenobi's sister that she reminded everyone of. Kenobi knew Shaak Ti and Duchess Satine well, and therefore if they thought she was familiar, then it would be obvious that Wynn reminded them of the mysterious Kenobi. Not to mention, anytime he'd bring up his sister was when she did something.

"Your sister was right," she said, pulling the ship around to face the vulture ships flying around.

Kenobi buckled in, but grasped the dashboard as she sped towards the enemy ships. "Wynn, we have to escape their blaster fire, not go towards it."

"Aren't you the one who says to face problems head on?" Wynn muttered. She didn't know why she was so chatty today.

"Context, my dear padawan, context." Kenobi took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "The statement was not meant to be applied to shuttle crashes."

"I've analyzed the pattern of their movements and I think I can take them out with a few perfectly timed blaster shots."

"Why not just tell me to do it?"