30 | Kriffin' Medicine

21 BBY, Month 8

Joseta sat at her desk, nervousness settling within her

Joseta sat at her desk, nervousness settling within her. When she had requested to call General Tetra before the big special forces meeting, she hadn't exactly thought about what she was going to say. She was going to update Rylann on the previous mission, obviously, but there were a lot of things in the air—like going back to retrieve Phee's load, solving the clone aging problem, and dealing with the rising Death Watch problem.

"So, what do you need?" came Rylann's voice, snapping Joseta from her thoughts.

"Well, I wanted to give you an update on Rex," Joseta said, pursing her lips as she looked at her hands.

The sharp inhale shot Joseta's gaze back up to meet Rylann's blazing eyes. Well, eyes ablaze with excitement. "Did you two finally kiss or something?"

"BRO!" Joseta screeched, covering her face with her hands. She pinched her nose. "He's freaking in the medbay right now."

Rylann's eyes widened as her face reddened. "Oh my stars, I'm sorry." She sighed. "I forget we have business meetings. I had hoped this was a personal one."

Joseta sighed, leaning back into her chair. "I'm sorry. I wish it was one."

"We do need to catch up at some point," Rylann said, a glint of something in her eyes. Joseta couldn't tell what the glint was, but she knew that it'd be good tea. Rylann's expression sobered. "So, what happened to Rex?"

Joseta recounted the story of their stop for supplies which went bad. She recounted the death of Wharf and knew that it shook Rylann even if the Jedi barely showed it. She knew the empty look in her eyes. She then told her about Rex, minus the details of him wanting her to stay and his fingers brushing against her cheek.

Rylann narrowed her eyes. "I know you're hiding something, but I guess I should wait for a personal meeting?"

Joseta nodded, clearing her throat. "But, what I've been thinking is that, I've still not made any progress on the clone aging without the main DNA. Have you got any new leads?"

Rylann leaned forward, nodding slowly. "Yes, actually. Shaak Ti was speaking to your mother and they decided that they want to hunt down Jango Fett's clone."

Joseta's brows raised. "Boba?"

Rylann nodded. "How do you know about that?"

"I've read up on clone history." Joseta frowned. "But I thought he was gone."

"We are trying to find a lead on his whereabouts." Rylann brought a hand to her chin. "I think that I want you working with a bigger team for that."

Joseta's heart pounded in her chest. Maybe she could work with Rex again.

"Would you like to work with your brother?"

Joseta's heart fell. She loved Kallo, but she knew how it was working with him. She grew up with him. "I mean, if you think it's a good idea."