4: Late Night Quality Time

Amazing Mighty was in for a long night tonight.

A stack of paper work, a lot of more things to do, and then he'll have to go over the daily report documents that Temptation just dropped off to him. A lot of work, yet zero motivation. But it still needs to be done nonetheless, considering that he is a God, after all.

It's just simply his duty.

Amazing Mighty was so absorbed in his work (and his own stress caused by said work) that he didn't hear the sound of his office's entrance opening. He didn't even noticed anyone walking in either, so when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he immediately panicked.

"Who's there?!" He asked urgently, his eyes darting around the room before finally settling on the owner of the hand that settled on his shoulder; Felys. "O-oh...it's just you, Felys." He said, his eyes widening slightly before finally going back to normal.

"...How come you didn't notice me the first time I walked in here, Mighty? I thought that, considering you're a God, you'd notice and hear things pretty quickly." Felys asked, a concerned look plastered on his face as he looked down at the currently seated Amazing Mighty. The God averted his gaze from his lover, a sad look in his eyes as he tries to force a smile. "I was too absorbed in my work. I was so focused in it that I didn't notice you."

He then looked back up to Felys. "I'm sorry, dear. Do you want me to take you somewhere so we can spend time together?" He offered, his more forced smile slowly turning into a genuine, yet sad one. "But what about your work?" Felys asked, gesturing towards the pile of paperwork on the God's desk. Amazing Mighty glanced to it, before his face grimaces.

"I'd rather be far away from this room right now." He then said slowly, and to that, Felys nodded, humming in agreement. "Yeah, alright then." He then chuckled. "Where are you gonna take me, though?" That question caught Amazing Mighty's attention, and in an instant, his mood skyrocketed into whatever skies are beyond the Realm of the Almighty. "Ooh! I know a place!"
———
The moment the two arrive in the place that Amazing Mighty wanted to take them to, Felys immediately smiled widely. Such a place holds so many fond memories, after all.

He remembers that railing, he remembers the view beyond it. A view that is just so beautiful and can never truly be replaced. Its location? The mountains of Modelista that are far away from the bustling city itself. This place...this place is where he and Mighty first met.

Such a wonderful memory.

"I know this place." Felys said, before laughing a little bit. Seeing how happy Felys looks right now made Amazing Mighty smile at him, a faint blush decorating his cheeks as he admired his dearest Felys. "We both know this place, dear. I'm glad you still remembered after all of these centuries." He said, catching the other man's attention.

"Of course I still remember, Mighty! We first met here, how could I forget such a memorable moment?" Felys replied, looking back at the God. "To think that such a place like this still exists after so many centuries..." He then added, shifting his gaze back to the view infront of him.

"I guess it is merely fate for us to return here after so long. But I don't know either. I never consulted to Fate herself about that." Amazing Mighty said, also looking over to the view. The cities of Modelista just looks so small from up here. It's amazing, even to the God. "But nonetheless, I wanted to take you back here. Y'know, to relive old memories!" He said again, glancing over to his beloved, who glanced back at him, a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Mighty. It's best if we stay here for a little longer. So that you can get away from work." Felys said, chuckling afterwards. Amazing Mighty laughed at that too. "Haha, yes, yes. Thankfully deadlines don't exist for someone like me." He said in a relieved tone, but what he said made Felys slightly confused. "If there's no deadline for you, then why even bother rushing to get all of your work done to begin with?" He asked.

That question made Amazing Mighty sigh. "...Because I just like to rush things and get things done faster, apparently. Otherwise, I'll feel haunted by my own duties." He answered, before quickly adding, "And I'm just scared that, if I don't do my work quickly, then some unknown force will punish me." Felys frowned upon hearing the God's answer to his question. Slowly, he reached out to take Mighty's hand into his. To that, the God jolted up in surprise, before looking over to the human.

"I can promise you, no one's going to punish you for not doing your work faster. Just like humans, you need to get things done at your own pace too." Felys said in such a gentle tone, that even Amazing Mighty feels himself melting. "So please, do take things slow. For your sake, not mine, nor anyone else's." He then added, and the God could only sigh.

After a few seconds passed by, Amazing Mighty nodded. "Alright. I'll try." He said, and for a moment, Felys smiles. But then—

"No promises, though."

—That answer followed shortly after, and in an instant, Felys' smile fades away, replaced with a small frown. "Ah...yeah. Alright." He simply responded, before going back to admiring the view.

No promises, huh?
———
"We should leave now, Felys."

A suggestion that made Felys a little sad, but they've been here for a few hours now, and unlike Amazing Mighty, Felys is a normal human being who needs sleep too. "Ah, alright then. Let's head back." Felys simply answered, a tired smile on his face as Amazing Mighty takes his hand.

The two then teleported back to the Realm of the Almighty...

Where they are immediately greeted with a weird sight.

"I'm so going to beat your ass!" Temptation's high pitched (and annoying) voice.
"Can't you have a little bit of respect?!" The annoyed tone of Pandora's voice.

The angel is apparently pulling onto the former Goddess' hair, looking at her angrily. "I don't care! This isn't about respect! You gotta return those chips to me! Those are mine...!" Temptation yelled out, before making an attempt to grab a bag of chips that Pandora is so desperately trying to get away from the angel's grasp.

"These are nobody's. They're here because they are here. I got to it first, so let me have it." Pandora said, giving Temptation a deadpanned look. "Woah, Ms. Pandora. Didn't know you liked chips." Amazing Mighty's voice caught the two's attention.

"...Oh. Mighty. Welcome back, I suppose." Pandora greeted, before quickly handing the bag of chips to Felys. "Nevermind. I don't want them anymore. One of you three can take them, I guess." She then said. She looked slightly embarrassed, despite the deadpanned look still being there. "Ah- wait—" Before Felys could say anything else, the former Goddess walked away.

"Uh..." Mighty quickly grabbed the bag of chips from Felys' grasp and hands them to Temptation. "Go on. Take it." He offered, a small smile on his face. To that, Temptation's eyes lit up. "Yes!!! Thank you, sir~" She said, before literally snatching the chips from Amazing Mighty and speeding away from him and Felys.

After that, a deafening silence. Felys took that chance to grab Amazing Mighty by the arm and drag him into their shared room. After closing and locking the door, Felys could only let out a sigh. "What's up with those two?" He asked, and Amazing Mighty simply shrugged.

"Dunno. But damn, Ms. Pandora likes chips? Cool." He said, and that made Felys laugh. "Hahaha! Alright, alright, enough about them."
———
Cuddled up together on their bed, Amazing Mighty could only think back on what Felys said to him. Felys himself, on the other hand, is already fast asleep in Mighty's arms.

"Finish work on my own pace, huh...?" The God quietly muttered to himself, before closing his eyes. "Mm...maybe..." He then added, before he too decided to sleep, despite a God much like himself not needing any sleep.

Work can wait, because right now, all Amazing Mighty cares about is to get some sleep...

And maybe some quality time with his dear Felys.