The Flesh [Part 4]

"Is it true?" He didn't even need to answer.

"It was a while ago, I stopped, I went against it, they locked me up," he said trying to justify it all.

I guess Rosie was right all along, my face probably looked very much akin to hers when she was beating that man with a rock.

"What do you want to do?" The leader asked me.

Honestly I didn't know, would killing take anything way? Would ending his life reverse anything? I was so hateful right now, so sick of it all. I wanted to not just kill Luke for betraying me, for not being honest with me, I wanted to kill them all.

"Why don't you just let me go?" I said staring at the leader with no expression.

"Let you go?" he smiled, "Why?"

"I won't come back and kill all of you if that's what your worried about." he laughed at me.

"Damn, if only," he said sizing me up.

There was no way I was getting out of here alive; there were too many of them and I had no guns, my dagger wouldn't be enough.

"I tell you what, lets start with a name."

"A name?"

"Well, you got one right?"

"Merissa."

"You know that name really does suit you, you're pretty, well as pretty as girls can get these days," again he chuckled, "Now look Merissa, my name is Beck and I have a preposition for you."

"I'm listening."

"You kill Saint Luke here, eat a little bit of him and I'll let you go"

"Eat?" I said disgusted.

"We don't kill our own."

Well, I guess you want to know what I did. How about I just tell you I walked out of that situation without a hitch? Because that's exactly what happened. Luke and I would be inseparable for a while now.

END