8 || A date 🪐

Zayaan

Samira grabbed herself and she practically rushed to the office after glancing at my face from the corner of her eyes. Like, am I looking that ugly today?

I pondered and wondered if she was not talking to me because I made her get drenched in the rain. But didn't she enjoy it? It was written on her face. She laughed so loudly and cheerfully unlike other times. I resisted the temptation to ask her but I couldn't resist it till the end.

I knocked on her cabin and found her indulged in her work.I called her name but she didn't seem to listen so I went closer. Her pupils were not moving at all and her chin rested on her hands. She had a frown on her face; so cute. I grinned and called her name again.

she looked here & there to identify the source and soon found me. She blinked twice to check if I was really there.

"Yes-Yes Zayaan" I heard her voice, while she stumbled and then fixed her position again.

I grabbed a chair "You seem busy" I  sat parallel to her. "I wanted to ask a question"

"Um- not really! You can ask me"

"So, Are you avoiding me because I dragged you in the rain and you didn't like it?" I was a straightforward person and others mostly didn't like me due to it.

She seemed rather shocked. Her pupils got wider and she seemed to fix her posture again and she gulped.
"What' made you think so?" she gazed straight at my eyes but got up from her chair.

"Well, you just ran away from me this morning" I stated and shrugged my shoulders. Damn! This girl is intimidating.

"No- It-Actually I was in a rush so" Her cheeks were redder and she turned her head away while she glanced at me from the corner of her eyes.

"Means- you don't dislike me?"

"No! Not at all" She chuckled at the thought like it was the most ridiculous thing that she heard since her birth.

"Well, then would you like to go to the new picnic spot that just opened?" I got up from my chair, fixing my shirt.
"Oh! I would love to. Who else is coming?" She agreed directly which I didn't expect.

"No one! Just us." I grinned and left the cabin.

I wanted to get closer with her and I feel we would make good friends. I should admit that I am drawn towards her but obviously in a friendly way. She's professional and a little grumpy but she acts so different around me. It's like she is getting comfortable and also wants to be more comfortable.

Weekend (Picnic Date)

I got ready and wore a white t-shirt and beige jeans. Along with that a cute greenish outer. I wore my cologne and got a call from Kaira.
"Yes, Kaira?" I got up from the dressing table and removed the speaker mode.

"Nothing. What are you doing?"

"Well, I have a weekend planned. I am going to the newly opened picnic spot."

"Oh- with whom?" Kaira seemed to be busy today as well. I could hear the papers fluttering through her melodic voice.

"Samira! I might not have told you but she is a colleague in the new project and the irony is that she was my school mate as well."

"Oh- so you want to bond with her!"

"Yup! Even Inaya and Razat are so friendly with her. She has become a part of our group as well. You should meet her."

"Sure! I would love to. You should go then. Bye."

"Bye!"

I got my stuff and left for my cars. Before that, I took a glance of myself in the mirror and I couldn't help but notice how much I am glowing.

Samira

"I look good. Absolutely alluring" I think to myself. I wore a beige skirt and a cute white top along with a black coloured light outer. It was a cute look and I slayed it.
I got a call from Ami and she seemed more excited than me for my date-friendly date. She gave me all sorts of tips but I am not gonna follow any of it because I want him to know and understand my authentic self.
I took a last glance at myself in the mirror and got my stuff and left for my car.

Author's POV

They both arrived at the spot at almost the same time. Both grinned to see each other and parked their cars.
"Hey" Zayaan got out of his car and walked towards Samira while she also replied to him.

"Let's go to our spot" she told him, trying to meet his gaze.

"Wait! Here, I didn't know what you liked so I just brought a mix of all the flowers that I found" He said handing her a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh! Thanks but what in the fate!" She exclaimed as she also pulled out a bouquet of flowers.

Astonishment could be seen in both of as both their jaws fell to the floor and both were caught off guard.
Zayaan couldn't help and started laughing merrily, joined by Samira as their voice echoed. They both exchanged their flowers and walked towards their spot.

They both arranged the area together and kept all the things they bought together. After a while, after completing their arrangement, they stood tall and nice with their eyes twinkling as they stared at their work.
They both sat down and Zayaan initiated the conversation. "So, let's get to know each other more. Tell me about your hobbies, Samira"

"Hobbies-If I have to describe something as my hobbies it's gonna be listening to music" Samira fixed her gaze on Zayaan.

"Music- Wow! I am a big music enthusiast." Zayaan's eyes twinkled like stars.

"Who do you especially listen to? Mine is-" Samira asked while
"Taylor Swift!" Both replied at the same time and started laughing.
"I never thought that you would listen to music- would be a big fan!" Zayaan exclaimed which earned him a confused look from Samira.

"What do you mean? I can't listen to her?" Samira probably glared at him which was enough to send chills down his spine.

"No-No I didn't mean that" he stuttered while she just laughed it off "You can get scared because of a small glare?"

"Your favourite album?" Zayaan asked, openibg the basket.
"Folklore" she started assisting him in taking out all the food "Yours?"

"Lover- I am a lover boy! I think I should have brought my guitar, man!"

"Same- I should have also brought my guitar!"

"I would love a jamming session"

"Wait!" Samira yelled

"Yes- let's have a jamming session at home! Who's gonna come to whose home?" Zayaan said, understanding her intuition.

"Ahh! You understood?" Samira had a grin on her face while he just laughed it off. "You tell me!"

"You can come over to my apartment. You know it anyways!"

"Sure! Done then. Tomorrow!"

I think this was the most interesting chapter... Anyways drama is on the way 😏

💌Follow @Divaracne_4 on Instagram

And stay hydrated lovies 💓

Make sure you vote 🙏