10 || Girlfriend!?

AUTHOR'S POV
The next morning

Samira was on the counter getting her coffee as Zayaan reached the counter, entering the office as well.

"Hey! Sleep Deprived?" Zayaan asks, panting heavily and asking for an energy drink from the counter.

"Not really. I am used to sleeping late. You definitely look sleep deprived." Samira gets her coffee and turns towards Zayaan.

"Yeah! By the way, I need to go to the mall. Wanna accompany me." Zayaan asks as he follows Samira and enters the office.

"Sure. Let's work first and complete it first. Then we can leave early. And we also have a meeting. Be there by 12:00" Samira grins and gives him a look which definitely says "Don't even think about sleeping or lazing off" . Zayaan just chuckles and makes his way towards his office.

Later that day, Both were done with their work and Zayaan entered her cabin as she was packing up while on a call.

"Eva di, I told you I don't want any connection with any of you. I left already. Maine phele hi sab clear kar Diya tha."  Samira had a frown on her face while she seemed to be rushing her packing as well as declining the call.

(I had made everything clear earlier only.)

"I have no interest in the money that you want. I know they challenged you to "bring her home and  we would give you half the inheritance or something like that" But you might not get to complete this. Bye now!" As she said this, she seemed to notice Zayaan who stood clueless in his spot. He blinked his eyes rapidly.

His cheeks were red as he heard someone's private conversation and his eyes reflected worry, a glint of dismay.

"Uh- Should I go? I didn't mean to intrude. Of course not to listen to the conversation. Do you, you-" he seemed to be at a loss of words. "Do you wanna maybe talk about it?...Only if you're comfortable." He sighed, his hands trembling trying to gesture all his innocence.

"Yeah! No. Not really. I will tell you when the time comes." She flashed him a smile which should have reassured him but didn't. But, She was a private person and he respected that. "Let's go!"

"Sure" he sighed.

They reached the mall that was close to their office and started exploring.

Samira

I was appalled to see him and how he listened to my conversation. His eyes reflected worries as well as the warmth and assurance that he would support me. I didn't tell him about it but I knew I had to soon. He would need to know.

I also know that he would support me and help me. He would be there for me no matter the situation. He carried a warm composure which made him even more attractive. I admit I am falling for him. But I can't help myself. I trust that I have loved the right person. He is My Zayaan. My solace.

I know he is also making an effort to know me and understand me. Maybe that's why he is also taking me to the mall. I guess it will still take me time to be more comfortable. I just sigh at my long list of thoughts.

Zayaan

I am more than shocked hearing the conversation. Like what is with that Inheritance and leaving. What was that. I knew she didn't feel comfortable enough to share it with me and that she was a private person. I respected that.I can't help but worry.
The only reason I wanted to visit the mall today was because Kaira asked me out. FINALLY. I know Samira has a good fashion sense. She can definitely help me out.

Author's POV

As they were roaming the mall, they found a good store which seemed to fit Samira's fashion choices. It could be seen in the satisfied look of hers.
As they entered the store, she started looking around for perfect clothes for him.

"I forgot to ask you what occasion is there?" Samira was busy looking at clothes as Zayaan's gaze got fixated towards her.

"Oh! It's a date with my girlfriend." He replied with the biggest smile. Soon, there was silence which was broken by a phone call. "Oh, it's hers."

Zayaan went away attending the call while Samira was still processing everything. 

The eyes which blinked rapidly couldn't even blink now. Her eyes wished and hoped her sorrow wouldn't be public but guess her eyes were not in her control. Her knees didn't support her and she fell to the floor in a corner of the shop where no one could see her or hear her. Hollow. She felt warm tears on her cheeks continuously. Her whole body was shaking but she couldn't speak up at all.

"No! He's coming" she whispered to herself in her broken voice as she composed herself. The only thing visible to her was the solace in his face  talking about his girlfriend. She started looking for clothes while being strong. She knew she would break into tears again if they talked about her but she needed to.

She picked out a black shirt and beige pants which seemed to suit his body type perfectly. He purchased it and left the shop. They sat at a café and Samira seemed awfully quiet to him.
She raised her eyes multiple times, trying to match him but looked down at each meeting.

Finally, her eyes scintillating empathy for herself yet filled with strength, asked, "So... what's your girlfriend's name?"

"It's Kaira Goenka. I think I never told you about her right. Actually she was my best friend in college and soon I realised I had feelings for her. So I confessed. It's been almost 2 years since our relationship." His eyes spoke more than his mouth. Samira realised that he was purely devoted to his girlfriend. He was hers and would never really forget his feelings for her.

She smiled and uttered, "Good then"
Zayaan felt a wave of worry as he could see how her eyes were teary and how she was exceptionally quiet. He surmised that it was the problem with which she was dealing on the phone and that she was not comfortable to share it with him. So, he preferred to stay silent. He knew that sometimes silence is the best solace.

On the other side, Samira was dying internally. She was rushing to finish her coffee so she could leave. Leave from his sight. Go away from him. Because she was angry at herself. How could she so easily fall for a guy, who was in a relationship. She was not fragile. She failed. Failed to control her feelings. Her heart. She failed herself in a way which was hard to recover from.

Heyy loveies!! Hope u're doing fine after this chapter 😌😭

Do follow me on Instagram for updates 💌🧸