9|| Bonding

Samira
It was a shock to hear that he was also a music lover. That's something we could quickly bond over. He told me about his experience listening to music and learning music while I also told mine though it wasn't much. We had decided to meet for a jamming session over at his home tomorrow.
He could understand me and basically I felt way too comfortable around him that I could talk loudly and as much as I wanted. I guess, he is a gentleman. Well, he has always been one.

Flashback

It was 3 days after our first meeting. I had tried but I couldn't talk to him. He hadn't tried either.

I was walking back to class, reading a book, absolutely unaware of my surroundings but then I suddenly bumped into some heavy stuff-no stuff but Zayaan himself. I swear I saw him chuckle.

"Uh- sorry Zayaan" I uttered, trying to go my way.

"You know my name? But I couldn't catch your name!" He said.

"Well, I didn't throw it!" I said. Well, don't blame me. I was a grumpy girl, who wasn't even sure if I had a crush on him. He was the social butterfly and seemed like a flirt (which he wasn't but has become now)

After that, we rarely talked but my feelings towards him grew stronger and stronger. I was attracted to him. I had a crush on him. He was my first ever crush but I never attempted to talk to him.

Back to present

As I was getting dressed for today, I felt absolutely lost about the dress. I decided to keep my style similar but try something new.

I took out the long skirt Ami had given me and matched it along with white top and added a black bag which was perfect. "I looked good!", I thought to myself.

I reached his home and called him. He picked up and I could feel he rushed up. He came all the way  downstairs and picked me up. He was panting, looked nervous and had sweat on his face.  He still had a starry smile which could light up a dark room. I returned it and went to his apartment. It was clean and managed. I kind of expected it.

He then asked me to sit. I noticed that his home smelled just like him; fruity and sweet. He asked me if I needed something else while he handed me water and some snacks!

I refused but he said, "Don't you like coffee? I have noticed you drinking coffee all this time. Wait I will make it. No need to be so formal!" He stood up while going towards the kitchen.

"Wait! I will also accompany you in the kitchen." I stand up and run a little to reach him. "You know how to make coffee? I thought you didn't like it!" I asked, also making my way along with him. I could feel his pupils growing wider and his mouth curling into a smile.

"Well, my sister is a javaphile so I had to learn how to make coffee." He made his way to the kitchen while I followed him.

"Oh! Elder sister?" I was about to sit on the slab in the kitchen while I remembered that I was not in my own home.

"Yes! And you can sit there. I won't mind" he turned his beautiful orbs towards me and grinned. This man knows me too well.

"Uh- no need!" I felt my cheeks and ears flush.

"Sit na! I don't want you to feel uncomfortable! When Kahil or Inaya or Razat come over, they will make a mess for the house without any guilt." He whined while focusing on his work.

"Sure!" I give up and first rush to the living hall. "Where are you going" I heard his high pitched voice while I just responded with "Wait a minute"
I picked my guitar and rushed to the kitchen, biting my too much smiley face and saying, "Music is mandatory while doing any work; even if it's raw"

I then sit on the slab of the kitchen and while adjusting my guitar in my lap,"Who is Kahil?" I ask.

"My best friend. He lives in New York." He replied, glancing towards me. "When kai-"

"New York!?" I ask enthusiastically.

"My bff; Ami is also there." I tune my guitar by checking the chords.
"What a coincidence! They must have met or at least went past each other." He grins, looking at me with his starry eyes.

"So here I go.." I state, closing my eyes for a moment before playing the guitar. While I played the first few notes, I heard a mellifluous and sweet voice singing,

Nobody's heard from me for months
I'm doing better than I ever was

I raised my head to see his eyes set on me while his mouth continued to produce magic. He wanted eye contact while I didn't.

I looked away, as a rosy hue crept up my face. I also began to match his vibes while joining him,

Cause my baby's fit like a daydream
Walkin' with his head down, I'm the one he's walkin' to
So call it what you want, yeah, call it what you want to

We continued the jamming session as he continued cooking. We both were grinning with happiness.

"So our COO is also a musician who enchants people with his melodious voice huh?" I ask as I take the coffee from his hands and radiate happiness. "You sound so good Zayaan."

"Nothing much. It's been a long time since I left practice." He picks up the hot burning pakoras and eats it.

His cheeks go red just after a second as he hands wave around his mouth, making me realize that the pakoras were too hot. So, I just keep my hand in front of his mouth.

"Don't swallow it."

Zayaan

As I intake the pakoras, I feel my throat burning and tears form in my eyes. Damn it's too hot I think while I gasp for breath. I signal her it's hot, to which she just keeps her hands in front of me, telling me to spit.

My eyes go wide. Is she mad? I couldn't spit it obviously so I just swallowed it while my eyes blinked twice at this girl.

"I am fine. Just give me water." Her hands rushed, giving me water while I drink it as if my life was depending on it.

"Wanna go to my favourite corner of the apartment?" I ask, taking my cup and hers.

"Let me guess. The corner with all the music equipment?" She asked me with pure curiosity in her face.

"Exactly! My parents wouldn't even dare to come here because it's so precious to me." I open the door to a room which had a tag "My safe place". My safe place.

"Oh! Lucky you. Where are your parents by the way?" She asks,  as she beholds the neatly arranged room with different guitar, piano and drums. Also a rack with different albums.  Her pupil scans each and every corner before gazing at me.

"Well, they don't live in this city. They live in Delhi along with my elder brother." I sat on a mattress and took a guitar, signalling her to sit. "We are a family of 5"

"I see! You guys seem to be a close-knit family" she  went towards my rack first. She signally asked me if I could see the albums.

"Sure! You can say so Ira." I replied, playing notes on my guitar, which were of "Our song"

This was one of the cutest chapter in my imagination. (Gotta feed some sweet moments before trauma 😌)

Thanks for reading lovies 💓
Do vote and comment and if possible, please send me a review in my insta id 🤌

Thanks for reading lovies 💓 Do vote and comment and if possible, please send me a review in my insta id 🤌