CHAPTER 2-FIRST ENCOUNTER-

Grizzle Suelto POV
              After the bell rang, signaling lunchtime, I quickly packed my things and waited for Andreana to finish tidying up. My gaze unintentionally drifted towards Raim, who was surrounded by his friends. Unbeknownst to me, Andreana was also looking at me, following the direction of my attention.

"Grizz?" she called out, bringing me back to reality, and I turned to face her.

"Huh?" was all I managed to say, and she analyzed my eyes, prompting me to quickly hide whatever it was she wasn't supposed to see.

"Why?" I casually asked.

"Where do you want to eat?" she asked me, and I knew she had something else to ask but opted not to mention it.

"Maybe in the canteen, Dreana. You can go ahead; I need to answer nature's call," I replied with a smile, grateful that she didn't ask the questions I wasn't ready to answer. 

I headed towards the men's bathroom and felt blessed when I saw that it was empty, leaving only me to use it. I seemed to be favored at this moment because even if there were other guys who used the bathroom before me, I refrained from doing so, knowing that I would always face discrimination when using the women's restroom.

If I were to go to the women's restroom, I knew I would not be accepted there and it would only be awkward. The same goes for the men's restroom because they think I would peek at their private parts due to my softness. Why? Just because they have it, should I endeavor to see their private parts? I have standards too, you know. They think they're so handsome!

After finishing my business, I left the restroom and headed straight to the canteen, but I halted along the way. I hid against the wall upon hearing the voices of Raim's friends.

"What do you think about Nicole?" one of Raim's friends asked.

"Nicole? Uhhh, she's good?" Raim replied in surprise.

I couldn't help but bite my lower lip upon hearing Raim's answer.

"She would make a wonderful girlfriend, Raim," suggested one of his friends.

Unable to bear the anticipation of what Raim's answer might be, I chose to distance myself and took an alternate route towards the canteen. It was far, but at least I wouldn't be hurt by whatever his answer might be. When I reached the canteen, I easily spotted Andreana, who had already bought food for me, so there was no problem, and I didn't need to line up.

"Where's Sam?" I asked Andreana, and I saw the smile on her face disappear.

"Oh? Ummm, we broke up yesterday," she replied without enthusiasm, but I couldn't miss the hidden emotions she was trying to conceal.

So I reached out and held her hand.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"You don't need to be sorry, Grizz. It's bound to happen, just like what you told me before. I should've listened to you," Andreana replied with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"You deserve better, Dreana. Know that you deserve more," I reassured her.

"Thank you," she expressed her gratitude.

After lunch, we decided to wander around the school since all our afternoon classes were vacant.

"Hey," Andreana called for my attention.

"Hmmmm?" I responded.

"Tell me, are you still in love with Raim?" she asked me, leaving me surprised and causing me to pause in my steps.

"Ummm," I didn't know how to word my answer.

"It's okay to be honest with me, Grizz. I won't judge you," Andreana assured me, and I heaved a sigh.