CHAPTER 3-UNREQUITED LOVE-

Grizzle Suelto POV
            I've been staring at my name tag for a while now, still trying to imagine the warmth of Raim's hands on it. I let out a deep sigh and gazed at the night sky. The stars were endlessly sparkling, creating a breathtaking sight.

"Grizzle?" Grandma called out to me.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Can you come downstairs for a second?" Grandma asked.

I bit my lip, feeling a wave of depression hit me. It's difficult to understand why, even when surrounded by many people, I still find myself feeling lonely, so utterly alone in this vast world. I walked out of my room and went downstairs to meet Grandma.

"Yes, Grandma?" I greeted her.

"Grizz, can you cook batchoy for me?" Grandma softly requested a favor.

"Batchoy, Grandma?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, I'm tired, and I don't feel like cooking," Grandma said with a smile. I faked a smile in return and nodded.

"Alright, Grandma, I'll go out and buy the ingredients," I said, bidding my farewell.

I returned to my room, changed my clothes, and went outside. I put my earphones on, connected them to my phone, and shuffled Lana Del Rey's playlist. Another sigh escaped my lips. I was tired of pretending to be fine, dealing with the ups and downs of life. I wondered if there would ever come a time when Raim would reciprocate my stirring feelings. Though the chances were low, they were not zero.

I arrived at the market, and despite it being nighttime, most of the stores were still open. I took off my earphones and approached a shop to start choosing the ingredients for cooking batchoy.

"Grizzle?" called out a baritone voice. I quickly turned my head and there, I was met with Raim's smiling face.

In that moment, all the events in my life came rushing back, along with memories that constantly reminded me why I fell for him.

"Raim?" I said, surprised.

And those memories are like footprints, etched forever in my heart, reminding me of a love I could never forget.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked with a smile, stopping in his tracks and chuckling.

"Sorry, that was a dumb question," he laughed. I smiled back at him, then resumed selecting the ingredients.

"I was just picking up some ingredients because Grandma wants me to cook batchoy," I replied with a smile. He furrowed his brow and reached out to touch my arm, turning me to face him.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, his concerned tone bringing butterflies to my stomach, but my depression still lingered, reminding me of this unrequited love that I longed to transform into something else.

"Splendid," I replied, trying to hold back my weariness, offering a tired smile. he nodded, placing his hand on my forehead to check for a fever. His touch was warm.

"Do you want to talk?" he said, his voice filled with concern, and I couldn't resist anymore.

Raim helped me choose the ingredients, and I quickly finished picking what I needed. We went to a small park near our house. We sat on separate swings, and an awkward silence enveloped us.

"So…" he trailed off, prompting me to speak.

"I'm fine, Raim. It's just that I've been wondering about something," I started solemnly, looking in his direction. He smiled and gestured for me to continue.

"I assumed that you already knew about my sexuality, right?" I asked, and he nodded in response.

I knew that Raim had just warmed up to me, but I needed someone to talk to. Andreana was busy, and I didn't want to worry Grandma.