Epilogue

The next day, Denki stands outside Katsuki's door hesitantly. Katsuki had been given a seperate chambers after the queen died where he rested almost on all days. And now Denki was waiting outside with something in his hands almost 3 hours before Katsuki was supposed to wake him up. He contemplated knocking on the door before he shakes his head and quickly knocks thrice. 

Denki hears a loud groan and then footsteps reaching towards the door. The door flings open with Katsuki in his pyjamas and bedhead, rubbing his eyes sluggishly. He notices Denki after a few seconds and his eyes widen. "Wait- what- what are you doing here? Did I sleep in?" He asks in a panic. 

Before Katsuki can step back into the room to check the time, Denki grasps his hand. "You're not late, I just woke up and thought..." Denki trails off, unsure on how to finish it. 

"Denki... You're already dressed for the day." Katsuki points out. Denki was wearing a simple black outfit and a stiff black coat with lace near the neckline. That day was the Queen's official funeral. She had been buried in a hurry earlier, but the village elders thought this 'fake' but official ceremony would be a nice chance to invite the other kingdoms and make new connections. 

"I know, like I said, I woke up early today." Denki stiffly says, his hand gripping something behind his back. Katsuki notices it, but before he could question it, Denki blurts out, "Can I come inside? I was hoping we could go for a walk in the garden and watch the sunrise." He blabbers, mind racing a little too fast. 

"Of course, I'll just take a quick shower. Come inside." Denki sits on the bed, strategically hiding whatever he had. Katsuki eyes him for a moment before walking away. 

The previous day had been very awkward. After Katsuki woke up, Midoriya squeaked and made some excuses to leave. Denki had to walk with Katsuki until his chambers, both of them refusing to break the silence. It was nerve-wracking and Denki had spent a sleepless night, staring at the night sky through the window. 

Katsuki comes out after about ten minutes, freshly dressed in black. There had been a uniform decided for all the soldiers, and although Katsuki would supposedly be blending, Denki couldn't help but stare. Katsuki looked absolutely breath-taking, the suit fitting him perfectly. Denki snaps out of his stance when Katsuki looks at him while drying his hair. "You sure you're okay? You seem a bit sick, Denki. How do you feel?" 

"Sorry, it's nothing I swear. I just wanted to see you." Denki says in a single breath, his fingers already picking on each other but his posture was uncomfortably straight. 

Katsuki gives him a confused smile. "You don't have to apologise..." He adds with a soft smile. 

Before he could question it, Denki pulls out what he had behind him. It was the flower crown he made yesterday. The delicate flowers clutched tightly in his fingers, "I made them for you, yesterday." He explains, handing it over, "I kept them in water overnight so they wouldn't wither... I hope you like it." He softly adds, looking up to see Katsuki place it on his head, albeit a little crookedly. 

"Well," Katsuki asks, "How does it look on me?" And before he could comprehend it, Denki kisses him. Katsuki's eyes widen, his moth slack in shock. But before Denki could regret it, Katsuki kisses him back, snaking his hands towards his nape, holding him softly. 

They break apart slowly, Katsuki watches as Denki struggles to open his eyes, "Sorry, I just wanted- I..." Denki stammers, gulping. 

"It's okay. I wanted to as well." Katsuki admits, watching as Denki's eyes widen. He immediately brings them closer again, kissing Denki softly. They both move languidly and just when Denki's legs his the bed, they break apart with a smile. 

Katsuki chuckles first, followed by Denki laughing out loudly. "I liked that." Denki admits with a shy smile. Katsuki hums, giving him a small peck before getting up. 

"I thought you wanted to see the sunrise?" Katsuki asks with a sly smile, pulling a whining Denki out of the bed. 

The sunrise wakes them up even more from the lousy mood. Midoriya has their coffee ready right as they enter the kitchen, discussing the funeral arrangements. After all the staffs leave, Denki asks Midoriya to stay as they eat their breakfast. "The bill for homosexual marriages are expected to be passed next week, Midoriya. The ministers told me this morning." Denki says with a wide smile, giggling as Izuku starts celebrating. 

Izuku immediately runs to Todoroki to share the news already. Denki shyly eyes Katsuki only to realise he was already looking at him. "What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?" Denki asks with a blush. 

"No." Katsuki answers, yet he reaches to softly rub his cheeks, but immediately pulls back when the staffs come to give them the desserts. Denki smiles shyly. 

The funeral goes just as expected. 

Excluding the numerous marriage proposals he got, Denki would say it felt like a pretty normal day. It took the others a while to understand that Denki already had plans for his marriage and although they were upset, they tried not to show it on their face. 

Katsuki had removed the flower crown during the ceremony, but Denki notices him wearing it right after the guests start moving. "It does look very pretty on you." Denki says, fixing it softly. 

Katsuki smiles, "Of course it does, you made it." Denki flushes pink, but doesn't let it stop him from adjusting Katsuki's hair. 

"You know, I had a dream yesterday. That's why I came in the morning to give you the flower crown." Denki softly admits as they start walking slowly. 

Katsuki gasps, "I knew there was something up!" He laughs when Denki softly smacks him for interrupting him. 

"Anyways, the dream was just so... vivid. I slept pretty late, almost just two hours before I came to see you so it felt realistic, I think." Denki continues, "You were a King, Katsuki." 

Katsuki chuckles, not understanding what he meant, "And what were you? My Queen?" Denki doesn't laugh. Katsuki goes silent after a moment. "What do you mean?" 

"I dreamt that we both ruled the kingdom." Katsuki stares at him with his mouth wide agape, a soft pink dusting his cheeks. They both come to a small stop upon reaching the Queen's newly built tombstone filled with flowers. 

Upon seeing her name, Katsuki immediately asks, "Do you go with the royal last name? I never asked you about it." He blurts out. 

"Nope. I hated it, the King was quite upset about it though. He said it felt like I wasn't welcome in the palace. Which was, in a way, true. The Queen loved the idea," Denki dryly chuckles, "I go with Denki Kaminari." He says, then adds softly, "I guess not for long though." 

Katsuki doesn't wait to comprehend, he simply asks, "Why not?" 

"Wouldn't I be called a Bakugo soon?" Denki cheekily asks, giggling when all Katsuki could respond with was a hard kiss and blushy cheeks. 

Author's note: 

If you've read until here, thank you so much! This was the most demotivating story to write, but I think it went pretty well and I'm glad I could finish it. This will be the last ever story I write on Wattpad. Thank you so much for being a part of my journey. 

Hope you enjoyed the story!