RR - I do

Do you hear that? It's the sound of wedding bells, my dudes.

Narrator's POV

"Wake up, sleepyhead."

Reneé dragged out a grumpy 'no' before nuzzling deeper into the Y/E/C-eyed girl's shoulder. Y/N chuckled at her before letting out a small sigh, she looked so cute all cuddly like this. Her eyes then landed on the giant diamond ring on her fourth finger, Reneé was so excited about the engagement party that they talked the whole night away. 

Y/N gently ruffled her hair. "We're gonna be late for the party," she murmured atop of her head. 

Reneé shuffled around a bit some more before propping her chin on the Y/E/C-eyed girl's chest. "Ugh," she grumbled. She definitely should've listened when Y/N suggested they should sleep for the fourth time last night. She tiredly rubbed her eyes, still not intending to get up from literally lying on top of the Y/E/C-eyed girl. 

Y/N pulled back a little to leave more space between their faces and let her gaze travel over Reneé's sleepy features. Fuck, she was so in love with this girl. She couldn't help the smile pulling on her lips and reached forward to caress Reneé's face, her fingers barely touching her skin. "Come on, being late for your own engagement party is not a good look," she said softly. 

Reneé forced her eyes open and glanced up at the Y/E/C-eyed girl. "It's called being fashionably late, babe," she corrected. 

"Well, you go be fashionably late, I'm gonna get ready," Y/N said, giggling. She slid away from underneath Reneé, much to the blonde's complaints, and stood up from the couch to stretch her limbs. They ended up passing out on the couch at 5 AM in a highly uncomfortable position last night (or this morning, depending on how you saw it). If Reneé didn't look so adorable, she definitely would've pushed her off. Reneé continued to lie on her stomach, sprawled out all over the couch. She reached down to smack her butt. "Get up. I'll meet you at the winery."

Reneé shot up from the couch. "Wait no, don't leave me like that."

"I wasn't even supposed to be here--" The doorbell rang. Y/N skipped over to open the door and was met with Reneé's mum and Alyah. "Good afternoon, guys."

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Denise asked, clearly surprised to see the Y/E/C-eyed girl here. 

"I'm leaving already, bye! See you at the party!" Y/N couldn't have rushed out of there faster. She really didn't think she was mentally ready for today, part of her still refused to believe this was actually happening no matter how the evidence was screaming in her face. She could throw up from the nerves. For the rest of the day up until she arrived at the winery, she was just trembling from the anxiety she was feeling. 

Luckily, the engagement party was at a winery. Wine. Just the perfect little thing that she needed. 

She was chatting with the guests when Reneé arrived, fashionably late (of course), in a beautiful white dress. The long-sleeved dress had a silky silhouette, with a V-neckline, showing off the bride-to-be's curves. Everyone's heads were turned to her and they all started cheering and whooping out compliments. And they were so right, she looked absolutely gorgeous right now. Y/N couldn't take her eyes off her at all. She couldn't even imagine how fucking beautiful Reneé'd look in her actual wedding dress. 

Reneé smiled brightly at all her family and friends and gave them a playful bow. Her eyes set on her fiancée and lit up even more. She rushed up to the girl and wrapped her arms around her, kissing her passionately in front of everyone. 

Y/N tore her gaze away from the happy couple and glanced down at her glass of wine. She forced out a smile before swinging the rest of it in one go. 

The girl she's been helplessly in love with was getting married to someone else. Reneé and her have known each other since they were kids, they were close friends and collaborators on multiple of the singer's projects. They were quite a famous duo in the music industry even. But as her feelings for Reneé grew, she decided to distance herself and tried to focus on only being her work partner and nothing more. Reneé wasn't even sure whether to invite her to this engagement party or even her wedding, to be honest. But as if fate was pulling a sick joke on them, when Y/N was drinking herself into oblivion at the bar last night, she ran into Reneé and now she was here. For just last night, everything clicked between them again as if they hadn't been practically strangers for the past couple of years.