Chapter 52 - Planning the operation

Hello, my dear readers! Here's chapter 52! We're close to the end of the second arc (Book 1 will have three narrative arcs) with the confrontation with Petrovich coming real soon.

A few updates: I've re-edited the first eight chapters, if you're interested to reread them. I've fixed many things in those, and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Beside that, I haven't been able to write much this week for IRL reasons, so I won't post more than 1 free chapter. I'll try to do more during the end of the week, but no promises.

I think that's it! So I'll see ya next week with chapter 53!

Announcements:

-Don't hesitate to Follow, Review, Favorite, Power stone, share etc. (Depends on the platform you're currently reading on) if you like my different novels. It helps a lot with growing the number of readers.

-I've set up a Stripe page, so if you feel like making a one time donation of any amount, don't hesitate to swing by. Thank you in advance!

-If you prefer having something 'tangible' for your donation, you can visit my patreon page.

My patreon: patreon.com/CalmWanderer (10+ advanced chapters available)

To all my Patrons: Thank you very much for your support!

For those interested, I'm also writing a fanfiction in the world of Marvel with a lot of elements from The Knight's Multiverse:

'Ben Parker, a former Special Forces' Team Captain, husband of May Parker and uncle of Peter Parker, with three Perks granted to him by an unknown entity, will have to grow his cultivation along his loved ones and teammates while navigating the Earth, a planet full of interesting but dangerous secrets.

****************************

Damovotsk, Molkovia, Earth.

Demian's P.O.V.

As Demian entered his bedroom and was about to open his wardrobe, something suddenly came to him. "Damn it! I don't have any clothes that fit me, do I?" He mumbled under his breath before letting out a helpless sigh. After a brief pondering, he went to his computer and with his approximate new size, ordered a few sets of medium-quality clothes. "Shipping? Is the option 'right this second' possible?" He joked before hitting the 'express shipping' option. Once done, he turned off the computer and stood up, while thinking absentmindedly. 'Now, I've only got to wait.' Lacking any fitting clothes, any physical activity was banned. Since he did not have many options, he decided to go chat with his family and share with them how his perks evolved. At least, those he had already discovered.

Walking calmly toward the living room downstairs, he noticed the lack of any presence around. However, his senses quickly caught the sound of movements coming from the gym room. His body thus started moving automatically in that direction, while realizing that the girls were probably still training. As soon as he arrived he noticed Bryn standing up at the side, guiding the other two in their practice and correcting the mistakes she effortlessly spotted with her enhanced senses. The three swiftly noticed his arrival, stopped what they were doing, and turned in his direction. As their gazes fell on his body, he easily spotted the teasing expression on their faces. Rolling his eyes at their attitude, he commented. "You're so childish. For your information, I've ordered some new clothes already. They should be here in a few hours."

His words elicited some giggles from the two older women present before Seraphine commented impatiently. "Babe, you told me earlier that we'd talk about about your Love Bond Perk!" Scratching his cheek, he replied, embarrassed. "Right! My bad. I got a bit self-conscious for a second." As the words left his lips, he walked to a bench on the side and sat on it. Sitting on the ground was after all not a good idea unless he wanted to flash them. Following his example, the other three sat around him, Adeliya on an adjacent bench and the two sisters on the floor. Noting the three's eager expression, the young man pondered for a brief moment before throwing a quick glance at his oldest cousin and starting his explanation. "Unlike Big Sis, my breakthrough didn't give me new powers. But my three perks should have evolved."