Chapter 3

I knock again on a wooden door fighting back an eyeroll. Victor knows I was coming over at 11 in the morning. He even texted me last night to confirm it. Now I'm left waiting in this apartment building on campus, earning strange looks from others walking past.

" come on," I groan, before taking out my phone. I'll kill him if he isn't here.

I start to call him, bringing the phone to my ear. The door finally swings open after two rings and my mouth dries out. I end the call, coming face to face with Nathan. his brown hair is slightly messy and his brown eyes are filled with confusion. His shirt is of his body and I desperately try not to look down.

" The girl from the bar," he starts, voice groggy and tired. he double blinks and I still can't find a single word to say.

" I'm coming. I'm coming. I'm sorry," Victor voice is heard behind him. Nathan steps back, revealing my brother scrambling to put a red shirt on. He ruffles his hand through his messy blonde hair that is longer to his shoulders. The stubble on his cheeks appears a little longer, making him look like a ragged mess. He's a playboy? Victor? I don't buy it.

" You know her," Nathan starts off, voice becoming more awake as he wakes up some more.

" Yeah, this is my sister I told you about," Victor starts, before catching onto what he just said. " Wait, how do you know her?" his eyebrows instantly furrow. My stomach dips. it isn't like I did anything with him. He was just the cute guy from the bar.

" She, uh, she's the girl Kyle was hitting on," Nathan starts. Victor's face drops instantly, blue eyes darkening so fast. " I stopped him, but you know how that goes with him".

" Fucking dick. she's off limits to anyone on the team," Victor grumbles in disapproval. My eyebrow raised after hearing him curse. Victor. Cursing. The closest thing to a curse that I heard from him was the word damn." or, uh, I didn't mean to say that, he clears his throat, his matching his blue eyes on me. Nathan shoots him a dumbfounded look. " You want to go put a shirt on? My sister is here," Victor starts, eyes darting back to him.

" Right," Nathan double blinks. He hakes his head and walks off towards the bedrooms.

" Really? You didn't mean to say that? You act like I'm five and have never heard a curse word before," I scoff once we're alone. He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair. " And you just woke up. You didn't have time to shower. We can't go out with you looking a mess."

" I'm sorry, I slept through my alarm," he sighs. he opens the door wider and gestures for me to come in. I walk in my eyes gazing around the flat. It's small but a decent size compared to having a dorm room. They have a worn, down brown couch before a large television. different banners and photos representing their basketball team. A couple red cups left on the wooden coffee table, along with a box of pizza. The small kitchen area is to the right with a wooden table meant for four people in there as well with some beers.

" Wild night?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

" Some of the teammates came over and pre-gamed before splitting off to a party and some bars. I didn't get a chance to clean up the mess," he notes in that shy tone he's had plenty of times before. The one where he does something out of habit once in a while and gets in trouble with our parents. A rarity. He's embarrassed because i'm getting a small glimpse into his messy life in college that he had hidden so well.

" So you're hungover too"? I call him out with a faint smile. Nathan comes back wearing a black tee now covering his body. I try not to look at him keeping my eyes on my brother.

" No, I don't drink," Victor tries to start. Nathan snorts in a laugh and Victor gives him a sharp glare.

" Like I said , I'm not five. I don't care if you drink or curse or do whatever it is you do. You're finally catching up," I tease. He lets out a disgruntled sigh and clears off the dinner table. "you're still trying to act like the golden child, but you've already made that clear to mum and dad over the years. you don't need to lie to me too, especially when I've been grounded far more than you".