Chapter 7- The one for me.

Darrien.

After following my mum around for a while, I retire to sitting at her table, casually sipping from my cocktail and watching her go about exchanging pleasantries with more people.

I sense her before I see her. My mate, She's here.

She's in an evening dress that makes her emerald green eyes look even more breathtaking. She has her hair styled halfway packed, with the rest of the strands loose to frame her beautiful face. Her beautiful figure clad in that dress messes with my head for a moment.

She's here with an older man I'm guessing from resemblance should be her Dad.

From the entrance, I see them making their way towards my mum and I immediately get up and discreetly make my way towards her myself. Mum looks at me with a curious smile but before she could get a word out, she sees her next guests approaching us..

"Mr Caddel! It's so lovely to see you" my mother greets enthusiastically as she shakes hands with him They exchange greetings,and they must have noticed the starring contest between Elizabeth and me because I soon hear my mother clear her throat, before introducing me to them.

"Mr Caddel, please meet my son, my only son -Darrien Harris" she introduces with a bright smile.

All night, I've only been replying to these introductions with a stiff nod or smile. But I find myself trying to impress this man... My gaze involuntarily travels to lizabeth and I drag it back to the man in front of me.

I stretch out my hand to meet his halfway, with a smile I hope is charming enough to have him give me his daughter...

"Mr Harris, Such a charming young man.." he says passing a glance at Elizabeth that doesn't escape me.. "It's a pleasure to meet you" he ends by saying.

I look at Elizabeth, laughter in my eyes, secretly passing a 'what did he give you that look for' message to her. She avoids eye contact. Is she shy.. My eyes twinkle with mirth.

"It's an honor to meet you as well Mr Caddel."I say with an even wider smile. Then my gaze draws back to my mate and like I hadn't met her before now, I say, "And who's this beautiful young lady..Pardon my forwardness." I ask trying my best to keep up the gentlemanly act.

His eyes brighten and his smile grows even wider and I see my mum looking at me with raised eyebrows. I look at him expectantly and he says, "No it's okay, This is my daughter, Elizabeth" he says as he nudges her to say hi to me.

I grin at the confusion in my princess's eyes.

"Huh..hi" she stutters, my smile makes a reappearance and I harmlessly extend my hand to her in greetings. She takes it and I place a quick kiss on her knuckles and she quickly retrieves her hand blushing red.

I burst out laughing. "Nice to meet you Miss Caddel" I say my eyes twinkling with joy. "Would you like to grab a drink?" I ask hopefully.

I don't know what that look is that our parents exchange, but I believe she prefers my company to standing there with them and enduring their scrutinizing gazes, because she readily agreed and I flash her a beaming smile.

She laughs after taking a straight shot. Then hits me on my shoulder with a pout. "Why didn't you tell me?? I was so flustered.." she mummers. "Tell you what?" I ask.

"That you were the son to 'the Madeline Harris' " she says making air quotes. Then she continues,

"the last time at the..at.. The last time you only said you came visiting! Who would have thought you were madame Harris' son" she rants on like a school girl that had just met her idol. And I laugh.

I honestly didn't know mum meant that much. I mean, I knew she was successful, but I didn't think it was that much.

"I wouldn't have been so brazen had I known.." she mumbled but I heard clearly.

I act like I didn't hear that and after a while I turn to her, "Liz," I call her softly and she looks up at me. The way she looks at me now, holds a hint of vulnerability. I can tell she's attracted. That makes two of us. But there's still a bit of hesitation in her eyes..

Notwithstanding, I take her hands in mine. The sparks that shoot throughout my body, and the tingles that I feel at the places our skins touch, remind me that this is more than just an attraction and of what or rather who she is to me, my soulmate. The only one for me. I mustn't mess this up.

I'm a little nervous when I ask, "Would you like to go on a proper date with me tomorrow?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO I'LL JUST REPEAT THE ROUTINE STATEMENT AGAIN. PLEASE VOTE BY PRESSING THE CUTE LITTLE STAR BUTTON DOWN THERE.

ALSO, WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER SO FAR? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS 🤭 I'M ACTUALLY LIKING DARRIEN'S MUM A LOT😍.

BY THE WAY, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO HOP ON THIS RIDE WITH US

Lots of love,

❤️Tife_Oluremi.