Chapter Two

Third person's point of view.

Evie is dusting off a wall carving of two woman facing off in an ancient battle, when a strange hissing could be heard. Turning to see what is was, she was expecting one of her visions to kick in, seeing as it came following the sound of flowing sand or a strange hiss. But when she looked around more carefully she noticed a snake slithering towards her. Frowning she gave out an annoyed, "Go away," before picking up the snake with her foot and tossing it away from her.

Only for her to almost hit her husband, who had gone to see what was making noise. "Whoa!" he gasped barely dodging the serpent. "those are poisonous you know," he said pointing over his shoulder. She smiled, "Only if they bite you," she said with a hand gesture. Turning back to the wall she asked, "What was all that about?" Rick picking up Evie's tool kit set it down closer to her. "Oh, nothing Alex wanted to show me something." he said as he chuckled.

"I swear the kid get more and more like you everyday." he said more teasing than anything else. Evie turning back to him, smirks. "What? you mean more attractive, sweet and devilishly charming?" she said trying to tease him, but Rick said, "No, he's driving me crazy." then leaned in and kissed her. "Now where were we?" he said as he moved to the wall she'd been dusting off. Evie turns and in her hands are a tiny hammer and chisel. 

Rick had just been about to find a spot to see if he could pry the wall open when she showed him the tools. Taking them from her, he gave her a look that she'd gotten to know as his 'are you serious' look. Caving quickly she picked up his crowbar and said, "All right, all right! Let's do it your way." she said then handed it to him. He proceeded to drop the tiny tools when he had his crowbar in hand. "Thank you." he said and she quickly turn her back,

She didn't want to get dust and sand in her face. As it would come down when Rick it the wall. It took him all of one hit for it to come down. The sound of the stone falling echoed loudly, but after excavating so many tombs they were used to it. The room was dark, but slowly with the two torches the couple bore they were able to see into the room. The floor was crawling with spiders and scorpions. 

While the walls were lined with ancient bodies. "Ever since I had that dream, this place is all I can think about." Evie said as she stepped in spots without critters. Rick on the other hand came in and didn't care and just crushed them under his boot like they weren't even there. "Ever since you've had that dream, I haven't had a decent night of sleep." Evie stopping near one of the middle walls, looks to her husband. 

"I feel like I've been here before. I know I've been here before." she said and Rick gestured to the dead along the wall. "Evie, nobody's been here before. Not in at least 3000 years. Except for these guys." Evie then proceeded to pull a lever and open a secret door. "Then how do I seem to know exactly where I'm going?" she countered.

***

Alex having done what his father said, set a piece of cheese on a trap for some mice. But the sounds of people coming had him running for somewhere to hide. Climbing to the top of a scaffold, he lay on his belly with his sling in hand and his bag beside him. He watched as three men stepped into the room. Two with torches and one armed with a gun. He was glad he made the right decision to hide. 

But he regretted where. He should have run back to his dad and mum. "Knock, Knock, is anybody home." the gunman said looking around. "You two check out that stuff, see if it's there. I'll sort out the O'Connells." the gunman added as he left and headed in the direction of Alex's mum and dad. Alex gasped softly in worry.

***

Rick walking ahead of Evie was looking for the way to go, while Evie was being bombarded by images she's only seen in her dreams. She was flicking her torch around worried something would jump out at her. Also worried about mummies coming back from the dead and attacking as that had happened and she'd like for it to not happen again. Stepping into the same room Rick did, she felt something wash over her.

It felt like an hourglass full of sand was turned and she quickly flicked her torch and in her view of the room, it changed. Gone were the cobwebs and dust. Before her was the room properly decorated and painted, with beautiful art and scriptures all over the walls. Flicking the torch again she figured it would all vanish but it didn't. So she slowly moved forward. The sound of a large door opening had her attention. 

Looking forward she saw a huge golden door, the frame around it also made of gold and covered in hieroglyphs. She wanted to read them but the two people coming out of the room had her fullest attention. One she knew very well, and missed dearly. It was Atem. The god was walking out of the room dressed in warrior's garb with her hair in it's usual untamed curly mess. A crown of Ra adorned her head and she was smiling at the person with her.

This person, Evie couldn't make out, only that they were slim with pin straight hair and a empire styled bead dress. When the door was open all the way, Evie caught a glimpse of a box inside the room. Which was guarded by two muscular men. Atem stood where the door opened and looked to be actively flirting, despite the other woman showing no interest. If anything the feeling Evie got was that the woman was being practiced on.

When the door was closed, Evie watched as the woman put in the code and remembered it. Even as she wanted to keep watching Atem. Simply because she missed the god and wanted to see her again. As the pair of them started to walk towards Evie, and she would finally get to see the shorter woman's face, Rick stepped between them and the two ancient women were gone. Evie did everything she could to get the vision back,

But it was useless. She was flicking her torch back and forth over and over till Rick said, from where he was tying to use his crowbar to pry the door open, "You know, if you move that fast enough, you can almost write your name." stopping the flickering of the torch she told him what she'd just seen. "I just had a vision. It was... It was like my dream, but it was real. It was like l was actually here in ancient times. I even saw Atem." she said,

This had Rick's attention really quick. "More on that after, if you actually were here, could you show me how to open this thing?" he said and she nodded. Stepping over to him, she handed him her torch, "Hold this," she said then with the memory in her mind she brought up the code to the door like it was muscle memory. When the door opened, Rick looked to his wife, "All right, now you're starting to scare me." she nodded.

"Now I'm starting to scare myself." the fact that she's agreeing is worrying to Rick.