𝟏𝟑

- Unity Day

"My friends" Chancellor Jaha spoke through the projector that Raven had set up that is connected to the ark, " this is an historic unity day

"My friends" Chancellor Jaha spoke through the projector that Raven had set up that is connected to the ark, " this is an historic unity day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the ark, but this is the last time. We do so while we aboard her. Next year, on the ground" applause was heard from the other side only for Hope to roll her eyes when Miller added in, " Right, after we did all the work. Someone shut him up"

"You shut up, Miller" Raven resorted raising her brows at the boy, " no one's forcing you to watch" Hope laughed shaking her head in amusement nudging Raven who wrapped her arm around Hope's shoulder, " For 97 years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth..." Raven looked over at Hope looking at her up and down, " are you doing okay?" The Fairchild teen nodded her head in confirmation, " Yes, I'm good. All healed up" Hope lifting up her shift showing Raven the faded scar you can barely see only if you look close enough, " Good. What's with that face? Don't tell me you don't like unity day?"

" I used to love the holidays. But I lost a lot of my family, and everything changed. Everyone running around here all thankful for what they have" Hope shrugged playing with the necklace around her neck causing Raven to send her a sympathetic look knowing how close she was to her father and how much she misses him, " you realize what you're missing. You know you're father would be so proud of you, the one thing he always wanted is for you to live your life to the fullest and so many people down here look up to you we wouldn't be where we are now"

"Whoo! Yeah!" Jasper cheered out loudly causing everyone to turn their attention away from Jaha speech and towards the boy carrying a barrel of Monty Moonshine, " Monty strikes again" the delinquents started cheering loudly in excitement knowing that they would be able to get drunk to celebrate Unity day and before the ark comes down, " Hey! Call this batch unity juice! Who's thirsty?" As soon as Jasper placed down the barrel, the delinquents were gathered around to get some alcohol.

Hope snatched a cup from one of the teenagers holding it out for Jasper to fill with a smile on her face, " keep it coming, Jasper" he couldn't help but laugh in amusement with a small blush on his cheeks filling up her cup for her, " here you go, Milady" Hope lifted up her cup with a smile walking backwards taking a sip of the moonshine, " looks like someone is having fun" Bellamy teased with a grin on his lips causing Hope to shake her head in amusement, " Oh, you have no idea. After everything that's happened these past couple of days we need this. You know you should let loose for once"

" I have to look after everyone" Bellamy replied watching everyone around camp getting drunk only for Hope to raise her brows in response gulping down her drink, " Oh, come on Bellamy. You're always looking out and watching for us but you deserve to have fun once in a while too. This might be the last time we'd get to have our freedom before our people come down from space" Bellamy let out a breathe sending the auburn haired girl a small smile, " I'll have my fun when the grounders come"