02~Friends and Preparations

September, 2021
Abuja, Nigeria.

“So how do you feel right now? I mean about Amir and your feelings. ” Na'ilah said. I am currently on a video call with my friends.

“I'm okay. Kuma gaskiya since I came back things have been going my way I mean you guys are everything one will wish for Alhamdulillah kawai zance” I said smiling. They all heaved a sigh and we burst out laughing.

“ Toh that all aside let's start preparing for Na'is wedding”. Eesh said.

“Inyau who will ever believe that Na'ilah will be the first to get married among us”. I teased Na'ilah and the said girl blushed. Na'ilah is a beautiful Fulani girl with an oval face,thick brows and small pink lips. She's endowed in all places and with that her long Fulani hair, masha Allah.

“Lats why are you silent tun dazu you didn't say anything ” Na'ilah said and we all turned our head to the said girl who was quiet all through.

“Hmm Ku bari kawai I'm just thinking of what to tell Ummi to allow me stay at na'ilahs place during her wedding”. Lateefah said. Lateefah comes from a very strict family with two older siblings, all male making her the only girl and the last born. She's kanuri by tribe from Maiduguri.

“You better start looking for a reasonable excuse because you must stay at my place during my wedding ”.Na'ilah said.

“Ji mara kunya you aren't even shy of us irin na amare din nan”. I said and she smiled. Na'ilah might be Fulani but believe me this girl doesn't have even a bit of shyness in her like her people. Lateefah is the shy one among us and talks less while the rest of us are talkatives and also a bit shy but Na'ilah is on a whole new level.

“Koma dai mene ne let's start talking about the anko we'll be wearing for the events”. Lateefah said.
Na'ilah wants to have a big wedding with her heartthrob Salim. They met at the airport when she was going to her hometown, Adamawa and he turns out to be also Fulani from that particular place and here we are preparing for their wedding which is taking place Next month.

“So we will have a bridal shower, Hennah party, Cocktail, Dinner, Kamu, Fatiha, Walimah and Budan Kai. Na'ilah why this much events mana” I said sighing thinking of all the stress because it will be taking place in Adamawa.

“Ba laifina ba fah you all know am the last born and the only girl so.. Besides Ammi was the one who organised them saying her only daughter is getting married blah blah” She trailed off. Na'ilah is the only daughter of her parents. She has an older brother who is a pilot and is barely around plus he is reserved and quiet just like their father. Ammi is a quiet person too but Na'ilah always make her talk because of how troublesome she is. I sometimes wonder where Na'ilah got her mouth from, because that girl is just too much.

“ Shikenan dai I trust Ammi with your outfits she will do that so We'll talk about ours”. Eesh said and we started sorting it out and before we knew it it was already 10 pm. We bid each other farewell and decided to meet and select the fabrics tomorrow.

*******
October, 2021
Abuja, Nigeria.

How time flies. Its been a month already and look at us here ready to take off to Adamawa for Na'ilah's wedding which will start taking place from tomorrow.

“I don't know why you refused to let us take a car Na'i”. Lats said. Lateefah has issues with airplanes and airports in general and we all don't know why.

“I'm sorry Lats but going to Adamawa in a car is just tiring wallahi and the security of this country sai a hankali.” said Na'ilah.

“Gaskiyah ne fah Allah ya tsare kawai Amman naija kam sai addua”. Eesh said and we started talking about the insecurities in Nigeria.

Our flight was announced and we boarded the plane. The journey to Adamawa was swift and we collected our belongings and went out. We waited for Na'ilah's cousin to come pick us and his phone was not going through.

“Wallahi Hamma Nameer is always doing this to me. Kullum halinshi daya and I don't know why they like sending him to pick me up whenever I come to this place”. Na'ilah said getting angry and we just sighed cos Adamawa's sun is just different with the heat and weariness in our body we all are tired. We waited for at least thirty minutes before a fine Fulani guy approached us. He must be the Nameer as what he said confirmed it.

“Amarsu ta ango” He teased smiling and Na'ilah just scoffed glaring at him. If looks could kill the Nameer guy would have been dead by now.

“Allah Hamma Nameer kai kullum halinka daya always leaving me stranded at the airport”.

“Am sorry boddo you know how things are here”. He said looking at us.

“You always have an excuse Hamma and today that I'm with my friends you should have made it an exception ai”.

“Naji afuwan. Hi ladies am sorry for ruining your first day in Adamawa. We just laughed lightly and greeted him which he responded and took some of the belongings he could carry.

The journey to Na'ilah's family house was a long one and Nameer made sure to make it smooth with some lively banters and chats. The guy is  surely a vibe. We arrived safely and proceeded to greet the Aunty's and mummy's we could find and made our way to our assigned part of the Mansion. We were given a flat with three bedrooms, a spacious parlour, a little dining room and a cute gazebo at the backyard which am already in love with and will make sure to spend sometime there.

Because of how jet legged we are, we prayed, ate and slept off. We woke up  barely an hour to maghrib and made our way into the Mansion to greet  Na'ilah's parents that we didn't get to meet when we arrived. We met Ammi at their side of the house and greeted her which she responded with a beautiful smile on her face.

“I heard you guys arrived and were sleeping so I asked them to let you be as you might be jet lagged. Lateefah, Aisha and Farhanah welcome to Adamawa kunsha rana fah.” she said making the occupants of the room laugh.

“Thank you Ammi. How are the preparations?. We asked in unison.

“ Hmm bari kawai da gajiya sosai and that too the wedding has not even started yet i wonder how it will be after all this events.” Ammi told us to go and pray and rest as the events will be starting tomorrow and we'll need all the energy for the events so we retired to our flat and met four of Na'ilah's cousins there.

They told us that they'll be using a room there and na'ilah told them to use one. We performed our prayers, ate and slept off because we were all tired and Na'ilah didn't allow us to sleep even a bit yesterday talking about her events and how she must look beautiful. We all can't wait for the wedding to start taking place. We slept off hoping for a new day and fresh beginnings.

******
Hey guys How's the second chapter? Don't forget to vote,comment and share please.

PS: I'm not Fulani so please don't expect me to use that language here in Adamawa cos I don't know how to speak it.
Sankiu, Spysherh❤.