41: Reunions

1 month ago: Weasleys Wizard Wheezes 

Fred gazed down from his balcony and locked eyes with a death eater on the opposite side, who was pointing his wand at the shop owner in front of him. 

In the past, Fred may have considered confronting them, but after the previous night's incident, that didn't seem like a wise decision. 

The death eater and Fred continued to stare at each other, with the death eater raising his eyebrow in a taunting manner. 

"George," Fred called out, gesturing to the bird feeder, and removing it, "Fetch more seeds, the feeder is empty." 

The death eater smirked as Fred retreated back into his room, leaving the shop owner to endure further torment. 

"Here," George said, offering the box of seeds. 

"I hate this," Fred muttered, placing the feeder down and collapsing onto his bed, "We have to do something." 

"Please don't, we cannot afford more damage to the shop," George advised, placing a reassuring hand on Fred's shoulder. 

Suddenly, a bird flew in through the window and perched on the feeder. George smiled as he refilled the box with seeds, and the bird eagerly began to eat.

"They won't even allow us to write to our family," Fred lamented, "Ginny is at Hogwarts with Snape as the Headmaster, and Carrows teaching dark arts, note I didn't say defence because there isn't. Percy is still aligned with the Ministry, or rather, with Voldemort. Merlin knows where Ron is, if he is safe, and Hermione... I haven't seen her since the wedding. I fear for her safety, especially with the wanted posters. I am so scared." 

"I empathize with you, Fred," George said, kneeling before his brother. 

The bird then landed on George's shoulder, prompting him to remark, "You're quite friendly." George laughed and then remembered his depressed brother and focused his attention of him. "But we do know the family is safe. They are all safe." 

"What about Ron and Ginny?" Fred inquired. The bird then landed on his hand. "Have you finished?" ?" He raised his hand to the eye level to look at the bird. He stood up and walked towards the window. 

"The wanted posters are still up, so we can assume they haven't been captured yet. Hogwarts may have changed, but McGonagall is still there. She will protect Ginny and the other students." 

Fred glanced down at the street, noticing the absence of the death eater and the shopkeeper. He gently shook the bird on his hand, causing it to fly away.

"Assuming does not make me feel better." Fred stated, turning around, and leaning against the window.

"What do you propose we do then?" George inquired, conceding. Fred was not the only one in need of reassurance; he was troubled too.