Enter the Dark Masters

"Those big players are frozen with stage fright. Hopelessly waiting for the moment they'll be saved. And yet, there's an unseen twist in the plot." said a clown like digimon as he looked through a large telescope.

"I say we cut to the punch line and go straight for the action." said a metal serpent like digimon in a pool of water.

"Oh please, that would be boring. I want to play this drama to the hilt. Let's pull out all the stops and give them what they paid for." said a puppet digimon, looking at a machine dinosaur like digimon.

"I'm in complete agreement. A quick victory would be a letdown. The digidestined will be on Spiral Mountain soon, so we must rehearse before they get here! It will be their final performance!" said the clown digimon as a spotlight shines on him and his cohorts.

"MetalSeadramon...."

"Puppetmon..."

"And Machinedramon...

"I present to you the downfall of the digidestined!" he yelled.

Meanwhile, the digidestined screamed as they fell through the portal to the digital world. Darkness surrounded them as they fell and soon enough, landed in a forest that was a bit darker from the cloudy sky. "Well, it looks like we're back." said Tai.

"But where? In the digital world?" asked Mimi.

"That's affirmative." said Izzy.

"It's dark." said T.K.

"And scarier than the last time we were here." said Keiko, looking around at the forest.

"Yeah, it's kind of weird." said Matt.

"Huh?" said Sora, looking up at the sky. "Hey, look up there!"

The digidestined stood around and looked at the sky to see what she was seeing, gasping at the sight. "Talk about weird." said Tai as Kari and Keiko hugged each other in fear.

"Could that earth?" asked Matt.

"It's merely speculation, but it seems to be a reasonable similarity." said Izzy. "We see Earth from here like we saw the Digital World from earth."

"Huh, Gomamon? Hey, where are you?" Joe asked, walking away from the group, looking for his digimon.

"Joe, I've been snoozing over here." said Gomamon, popping up out of the duffel bag Joe had brought with him.

"Huh? Oh, we'll just have to save the world without you then." said Joe, then yelled out as he was attacked by Chuumon.

"Joe!" Gomamon cried out as the ground beneath them move, causing Joe to fall off a nearby cliff, but held onto the ledge as Chuumon jumped away.

"I really don't need this." said Joe as all the digimon jumped into action.

"Koromon digivolve to....Agumon!"

"Tsunomon digivolve to....Gabumon!"

"Motimon digivolve to...Tentomon!"

"Tokomon digivolve to...Patamon!"

"Yokomon digivolve to...Biyomon!"

"Hold on!" shouted Kari, making the digimon stop from attack Chuumon. She then runs over to the grass, with Keiko close behind her. Everyone watches them closely as the eldest Kamiya twin kneels in the grass, smiling as she looks at Chuumon.

"Come out. You're among friends. We won't hurt you." Kari said gently. "Don't be afraid." Chuumon steps out of the tall grass, looking terrified as he fell forward.

"Oh my goodness! Its Chuumon!" gasped Palmon as Mimi walked over.

"He looks terrible. What he needs is a complete makeover." said Mimi.