-5- Clover •~•

~Talks of abuse, non-grapic mentions of grooming

The way to the CDC was uneventful other than Jim dying. Being let into the CDC was a whole other thing. Despite fearing for my life in the start because you know, Walkers the longer we stayed the more I grew to like it.

Dr. Jenner was weird looking man with a weird attitude but his daughter was adorable. She has cute little freckles scattered across her face. She however was a bit odd. She clearly suffers from a RBF and I think her social skills are even worse than her father's because she was always avoiding everyone for the most part.

Sophia seemed to like her enough though. Dandy tries to explain to Sophia and Carl the rules of the game but Carl keeps asking dumb questions throwing the girl off. She eventually runs off though.

"She's odd isn't she?" Lori asks as we look to where the younger teen ran off to.

"I think it might be more than that," mom whispers. The hairs on the back of my neck rise at that.

Perhaps I've been more concerned with myself to see the signs in anyone else. The years of torment from my own father had me on guard. If mom thought that the doctor was...

I shake my head standing. "I'm going to lay down," I say. "I love you guys."

  I did try to sleep for awhile, I was tossing and turning by the time mom and Sophia joined me. Every time I close my eyes I see my father. I can smell him, feel him, taste him. I push up out of bed and into the hall hoping for it pull the sense of him away.

I am free of him, but yet my mind is still trying to hold me captive to it all. I come to a pause finding a figure leaning in the hall. "Hello?"

He jumps turning to look, the hall is dim hiding most of him. "Clover, you okay?" Shane asks though the smell of alcohol is strong on him.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Yeah me neither," he mutters rubbing at a nasty mark on his face.

"Are you okay?" I ask motioning to his face.

"Oh this? It's nothing, just a nightmare," he rambles.

I grab his wrist leading him to the bathroom before cleaning up the wound for him. He's quiet the entire time, his breathing heavy. "You have a soft touch," he says after awhile.

"I'm no pro but I've got experience," I mutter looking up from the cut to his eyes.

We hold eye contact, that warmth spreading through me. "It doesn't hurt in a time like this to know a thing or two."

I'm not sure why or how perhaps it was an attempt to erase the feeling and taste of my father but I press up on my toes, my lips meeting his. He eagerly meets me, our lips moving together like we're starved. I can taste the alcohol on his breath but it doesn't deter me. His hands find my hips, he lifts me up on the sink before settling in between them.

———

  Breakfast the next morning seemed to be alright. I help Sophia make a plate when Dandy comes in wearing cute black overalls and some boots. Rick follows after her happily chatting with with the young girl, well more like chatting at her than with her because Dandy hasn't said a word upon them entering.

Tdog serves them breakfast and everyone helps one another get their share. I find Jenner staring at his daughter, his gaze narrowed in a way it reminds me of my own father. Mom was right. She isn't odd, she's a victim.

"Hey, doc. Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing.." Shane starts drawing my attention away from the young girl.

  I feel my face heat at last nights memories, the feeling of his rough hands over my skin, his teeth against my lips. It didn't go past groping, grinding and making out but he did come which filled me with a sense of pride.