Chapter Nine

Sodas POV

Ever since I told Dallas about what happened with me and Steve he's been weird.

I guess not, hes normal around me but when ever im with Steve or Steve come around Dallas gets protective.

Its cute when you think of it, but not when it becomes a daily activity. He comes to DX just to make sure nothing happens.

"Baby nothings gonna happen again", I told him. He needs to lay off- cause he's also scaring off customers.

"Cant be sure" He just shrugged and crossed his arms.

"What if you guys talked? Ill get Steve over"

"Yeah whatever" He looked at Steve, "Hey blow hole, get over here"

Steve rolled his eyes and walked over, 'blow hole'? Honestly Dallas sucks at insults sometimes.

"Yeah?"

"Don't kiss or do anything like that to soda ever again do you hear me?"

"I wasn't planning on to" Great.

I guess Dallas was mad, he blew his head off, then punched Steve. Now I see why buck kicked him out.

"Ow, what the fuck?" Steve yelled, "I said I wasnt gonna do anything, jeez"

"Wise ass", Dallas got a cigarette put of his pocket and began to light it.

"Dallas what the hell?" I yelled.

"What? Were even now aint we?" He puffed-"Whata the deal, ill lay off now if you want"

"Yeah thats what I want." I said.

"Dam, your punches are holding a pack" Steve got up and held his cheek.

"Give me another reason to do it again ape face" He sneered.

Mad Dallas was hot.. -but scary, "okay dallas stop it, your even aint ya?"

"Whatever babyboy"

"Dallas stop" I rolled my eyes, he just laughed. Steve could tell it was getting real-so he went back to working on cars.

It was 6:30, so my shift was over, "My shifts over, see ya Steve!"

He waved, "Bye sods"

"Need a ride?" Dallas asked.

"Why yes I do my night and shining armor" Finally it was my turn to annoy him.

"Anything for my prince", so maybe that didnt work as well as I thought..

~ Small Time Skip ~

Dallas dropped me off at the house, "See you tomorrow babes, have fun at the movies"

Dallas was gonna pick up Johnny and Pony from school and being them to the movies, some beach movie he said. I would go but Darry wanted me to stay and finish the dishes I forgot about yesterday.

"I guess I will doll" He replied with smile.

Being with Dallas is weird; I love him and all-but he's real different then how he was. Hes not tuff, cold hard Dallas Winston anymore -or least he isnt around me.

I walked in the house, and heard Dallas driving away, "hey darry"

"Hi Soda, do you know where pony is?"

"He's gonna see a movie with Johnny and Dallas" I replied, "Im gonna take a shower"

"Well dinners almost ready so wait" He said, "Mind helping me with setting up the table?"

I shrugged, "I guess not"

I walked over and helped him get the table ready, then he went over and got a pepperoni pizza put of the oven and cut them.

"Grab what you want Soda" He said, grabbing himself some pieces and walking over to the dinner table.

I grabbed 2 slices and set next to him, rest of dinner was usual. We both talked about work and he vented on ponys grades as usual.

After dinner I did the dishes, there wasnt much. I was getting tired; I took a hot shower.

I came downstairs to see it was already 9:30, pony should be back now.

"Pony should be back now, the movie would've ended at least twenty-minutes ago" Darry was freaking out, "And I cant even call the police"

"Calm down Darry, he'll be here soon" I said, "Just be patient"

"Oh ive been patient" He pointed, and he sure has if you put it that way I guess.

I sat on the couch, I dont know when I fell asleep but I guess I did.

Darrys yelling sure can make you exhausted.

~ Time Skip ~

I heard screaming and fighting, I woke up and rubbed my eyes, I saw pony- when did he get home?

I probably dozed off, "Pony?"

I looked at the clock, it was 12:30 at night, no wonder why Darrys mad.

"Pony what happened?"

Darry spoke up, "He fell asleep in the lot, and I couldn't even gonna call the cops cause both of you would be thrown in a boys home, so fast it will make your head spin"

"I said I didn't mean to" Pony mumbled.

"I didn't mean to-I forgot! -Thats all I ever hear from you!"

I sat up, "Aw Darry come on, he said he didn't mean to"

"Shut up, Im sick and tired of you always sticking up for him!" He snapped, that was the first time.

Sure I stuck up for Pony a lot, but all Darry did was yell at him about Grades. I got a lecture or two about how I dropped out but not as much as Pony.

"Hey dont you yell at him!" Pony yelled.

Darry slapped him across the face, Why is everyone hitting each other?

Pony looked at me and Darry with wild eyes and bolted out the door.

Darry snapped and hit pony.

And now Ponys gone, long gone. I dont know where he's going or when he's gonna be back. Or if he's gonna be back I gues...

"I didnt mean to" Darry whispered.

"Yeah" I looked at him, "He'll come back soon"

I hope.

Btw, I did re-write some of this story, so if you've read this before I changed it, I suggest re-reading it so nexts chapters will be less confusing for you!

- _ShadyLady_