Chapter 29 - And This Is A Good Thing?

"You make me smile, please stay for a while now. Just take your time, wherever you go." – Bubbly (Colbie Caillat)

If the Glee Club thought they were in a funk before, now things were looking absolutely dismal. With the news that Sue Sylvester was going to be a judge at regionals, the group knew their chance of even placing was gone and with it the whole club. So, despite being at Mr Schue's house to try and decide on a setlist, all anyone wanted to do was reminisce on all the things they were about to lose.

"Nobody wants any pizza?" Mr Schue asked the group, who all remained silent, squished together on lounges and chairs around his coffee table. They barely even moved besides Violette who found a way to cuddle into Rachel who had her arm wrapped around Violette's shoulders.

"All right, well uh, let's get started," Mr Schue announced, trying to keep his tone light in hopes of cheering up or at least distracting the kids. "Thank you got coming to the first annual New Directions regionals set list nominations party,"

"What's the point Mr Schue? Coach Sylvester is one of the judges. She's gonna crush us," Artie voiced the thoughts most of the group were having.

"Artie, you don't know that,"

"Yes, we do. She told us at Cheerios practice," Santana said, as she stood up for a slice of pizza.

"Yeah, she said 'I'm going to crush Glee Club'," Brittany added as Violette nodded in agreement, remembering the conversation.

"The whole freaking year. All that hard work for nothing," Puck said as they all heard quiet sniffles coming from Tina as the girl began to cry.

"I'm sorry," Tina apologised, "I just really love you guys. You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined Glee Club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right, being part of something special... It made me special. I just can't believe it's gonna be over in a week," Tina cried, tears pooling in the eyes of many of the other members. Violette didn't want to cry as well, so she tried to hide her face in Rachel's shoulder, who gently patted Violette's head as she tried to wipe away her own tears.

"Wait, who says it's gonna be over?" Finn asked.

"Please, you think Puck and Santana are gonna even acknowledge my existence once we're not in Glee Club together anymore?" Mercedes questioned in disbelief.

"She has a point,"

"Mr Schuester? Do you think instead of nominating songs, we can just... all go around the room and talk about things that we loved about Glee Club this year?" Rachel asked, unable to hold back her tears any longer. Violette moved to wrap her arms completely around the girl, both girls trying and failing not to cry.

Violette was so excited to have real friends that year, she didn't want to lose that already. She wasn't going to lose that, at least not without a damn good fight about it.

...

"Rachel!" Violette yelled out, rushing down a set of stairs to catch up with her best friend. Rachel stopped halfway down the staircase as Violette raced over to her.

"Rae, hi," Violette huffed, clearly having sprinted across the school to find Rachel, her usually neat ponytail half falling out as she smiled lightly at the girl before her.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Okay, so I've been thinking, you know, about regionals and Coach Sylvester and whatever, and there's more than one judge at regionals so maybe if we can get the club more like pumped up then we just have to blow away the other judges so they like ignore Sue or something," Violette blurted out quickly, bouncing lightly on the spot as Rachel looked her over in slight disbelief.